What makes good gag manipulations?

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Ieon

Re: What makes good gag manipulations?

Post by Ieon »

Mkll wrote:Does this artist have a gallery somewhere?
There's his site and Pixiv, but he doesn't do manipulations often.
Send manga requests/tips via PM here, commenting on the Scene List, or on Twitter.
Postimage gallery links for each update can be found here and you can check what manga I'm currently working on by checking the aforementioned twitter account.
DiD/Bondage Tumblr here.
TheFalcon12

Post by TheFalcon12 »

Ieon wrote:
Mkll wrote:Does this artist have a gallery somewhere?
There's his site and Pixiv, but he doesn't do manipulations often.
Strange, I can't seem to find where he posted the Oreimo one.
Ieon

Post by Ieon »

Mkll wrote:Strange, I can't seem to find where he posted the Oreimo one.
I think it's quite a few pages back on the bbs section of the site. That or he posted it on twitter.
Send manga requests/tips via PM here, commenting on the Scene List, or on Twitter.
Postimage gallery links for each update can be found here and you can check what manga I'm currently working on by checking the aforementioned twitter account.
DiD/Bondage Tumblr here.
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

ghostz wrote:if i check it again... either this gag was a manipulation made by someone, or the anime ep differs from version (cut and uncut)...since in this pic she has the gag on... and here while she is falling the gag is off

I've managed to capture every frame and I cannot seem to find a frame where she has the gag on. Either it is an edit or her gag scene occurs in the uncut version or they removed the scene which really sucks if that happened.
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

I never did mention this, but I've done several other manipulations outside of the Mamori one. Just never got around to post them and wasn't sure if anyone was interested in them. I'll post them if you want me to.
TheFalcon12

Post by TheFalcon12 »

Sure you should post them.
wf200301

Post by wf200301 »

I have two pics that i want to make tape gag on them but i can't do it well anyway,can someone help me?
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

I have a gagged only manip or a few made: Image

Not bad for manips, eh?
Strangerinthecorner

Post by Strangerinthecorner »

I'm going to be honest here, I don't think they are very good. The lines are pixelly and the shapes a bit messy. Then again, it looks like you used MSpaint, which is terrible for this sorta stuff. I usually use GIMP, which is free and has a buncha tools to help you make the end result look good. The two aspects that I think are important to make a manip really work is:

1. Making sure the lines blend with the already exisiting lines of the original. This means trying to match the thickness and blurriness of the lines when drawing out your manip.

2. Making sure the colour of the manip works within the colour palette of the show. You don't wanna make something too bright or saturated or it'll stand out like a sore thumb.

I'd recommend doing manga manips before moving on to anime clips as it's much easier to make manips mesh with the black and whites of a manga page.

-S-
Last edited by Strangerinthecorner on January 6th, 2017, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DiD DA: Bondage art!
My manga and anima manip thread: Bondage manips!
I'm also on Twitter now! Yay! https://twitter.com/The_Siteck
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Strangerinthecorner wrote:I'm going to be honest here, I don't think they are very good. The lines are pixelly and the shapes a bit messy. Then again, it looks like you used MSpaint, which is terrible for this sorta stuff. I usually use GIMP, which is free and has a buncha tools to help you make the end result look good. The two aspects that I think are important to make a manip really work is:

1. Making sure the lines blend with the already exisiting lines of the original. This means trying to match the thickness and blurriness of the lines when drawing out your manip.

2. Making sure the colour of the manip works within the colour palette of the show. You don't wanna make something too bright our saturated or it'll stand out like a sore thumb.

I'd recommend doing manga manips before moving on to anime clips as it's much easier to make manips mesh with the black and whites of a manga page.

-S-
I see. To each our own, I suppose.
Strangerinthecorner

Post by Strangerinthecorner »

JJAPrice26 wrote: I see. To each our own, I suppose.
Well, can you honestly say that your manips look nice and clean and blend well with the base images? First step to improving is recognizing there's stuff to improve. xD

-S-
My DiD DA: Bondage art!
My manga and anima manip thread: Bondage manips!
I'm also on Twitter now! Yay! https://twitter.com/The_Siteck
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

I found these manips on DA: Image

I even found this somewhere in Photobucket in the past: Image

And I found this manip on DA and gave it dialogue: Image
Hypercat-Z

Post by Hypercat-Z »

Just made:
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Hypercat-Z wrote:Just made:
Not bad. I just sent you suggestions for new gag manips.
Hypercat-Z

Post by Hypercat-Z »

In case you missed it on the other thread.