"DuckTales" reboot...

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

cresent34

"DuckTales" reboot...

Post by cresent34 »

Once again, the mines of past successes have been dug up:

http://m.eonline.com/news/629320/duckta ... -ducktales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good Night and Good Luck..

---Edward R. Murrow, See It Now, CBS
---Keith Olbermann, Olbermann, ESPN2
Momoyoy

Re: "DuckTales" reboot...

Post by Momoyoy »

Now that Duck tales of all things is making a comeback, a Tiny toons revive doesn't sound too far fetched. I wouldn't mind a Muppet babies revive, or a Muppets film with Skeeter.
Yami

Post by Yami »

Who knows? If we're lucky we might get new Damsels in distress moment in this reboot. But I'm hoping they don't make it into another CGI type cartoon.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I am totally cool with this. Ducktales is pretty timeless. Hopefully it will be taken in a good direction!
Hypercat-Z

Post by Hypercat-Z »

Yami wrote:Who knows? If we're lucky we might get new Damsels in distress moment in this reboot. But I'm hoping they don't make it into another CGI type cartoon.
Drop your hopes if you wannot to get hurt.
Bill K.

Post by Bill K. »

I'm wondering about who is going to do the voices, because it's a miracle Alan Young and June Foray are still with us, let alone working. And Hell, Russi Taylor is in her seventies. I'm not sure they'll still be here when production starts.

The other key for me is the writing, but Disney adventure animation is usually pretty good about that. And Barks and Rosa have left a good template if they want to use it, not to mention all of the Egmont work.
Catwoman: Think you can handle me?
Batman: I've got handcuffs.
Catwoman: Ooh.
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

It's probably gonna be in CGI & I think Grey Delisle might be in it.
scarface

Post by scarface »

Sorry for diggin this thread out of the grave, but the series started a few days ago. The first episode has a small GID moment. The three nephews get tied up for a short time by Webby. While the old Webby character was pretty much a sidekick, the new one is way more empowered. (maybe even a little bit too much). But anyway we should keep our eyes open. But I think we won't get many DID moments out of it, but instead it's gonna be a GID fest for sure.
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

scarface wrote:Sorry for diggin this thread out of the grave, but the series started a few days ago. The first episode has a small GID moment. The three nephews get tied up for a short time by Webby. While the old Webby character was pretty much a sidekick, the new one is way more empowered. (maybe even a little bit too much). But anyway we should keep our eyes open. But I think we won't get many DID moments out of it, but instead it's gonna be a GID fest for sure.
You never know, I can tell if a show is going to be a GID goldmine if it has a hero who's a pacifist or a child.
darkforce2005

Post by darkforce2005 »

In the newest ptomo it show webby hitting one of the Beagle boys over the head with the boys tied up. One thy I noticed there is extra ropes next to boys got me thinking the maybe webby was tied up too but escaped
scarface

Post by scarface »

darkforce2005 wrote:In the newest ptomo it show webby hitting one of the Beagle boys over the head with the boys tied up. One thy I noticed there is extra ropes next to boys got me thinking the maybe webby was tied up too but escaped
You have an hawkeye. :D I'm fine with CID. I also hope to see something with Mrs. Beaklay, even though new character model is not really my taste. Anyway there was also another female duck in the trailer (0:32). I wonder who she is. >:D
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

scarface wrote:
darkforce2005 wrote:In the newest ptomo it show webby hitting one of the Beagle boys over the head with the boys tied up. One thy I noticed there is extra ropes next to boys got me thinking the maybe webby was tied up too but escaped
You have an hawkeye. :D I'm fine with CID. I also hope to see something with Mrs. Beaklay, even though new character model is not really my taste. Anyway there was also another female duck in the trailer (0:32). I wonder who she is. >:D
a link would be nice, im struggling to find this video you mentioned in the timestamp
scarface

Post by scarface »

Truthseeker wrote:
scarface wrote:
a link would be nice, im struggling to find this video you mentioned in the timestamp
Of course. https://youtu.be/aPWF23lSeA8
Sailornapper

Post by Sailornapper »

Series has been fun actually. I want to see a Doctor Who maybe voicing Uncle Scrooge.

Really awaiting to see Magica fully show up in the show.