DeviantArt Question

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

wc2bmalin

DeviantArt Question

Post by wc2bmalin »

I've been a member of DeviantArt for years yet I know next to nothing about it. So I'm hoping that someone at WC can answer a question or at least point me in the right direction.

I visit DA once a month to catch up on what my favorite artists have posted in the previous month. Finding new works used to be easy because a mouse-over would bring up the date an image was posted. However, DA just instituted a new format for artist galleries, larger thumbnails with no title text - instead mouse-over gives the image's title and artist plus some other info ... but no posting date. When I check the webpage of a given image I can't find a posting date, either.

This is very frustrating because the format of the profile tab is still in the old style. Unfortunately, for prolific artists the "new works" shown on the profile tab are too few in number to include all of the previous month's work.

Does anyone know of a convenient way to determine when an image was posted?
.sig TBD
TheVampirePrincess

Re: DeviantArt Question

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

you should try following the person, it will show up in the notifications.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

a couple way would be to as vampire suggested follow the artists. then, at least for me, when i hover over an image in my notifications it shows me the details your talking about. In the black circle is where my pointer is hovering.
Only other way is to physically click on the image and scroll down to see the details on the right side of the screen
sorry forth e tiny images photobucket sucks sometimes :S >:(
wc2bmalin

Post by wc2bmalin »

TheVampirePrincess: A good idea I hadn't thought of. Unfortunately the printout of the list of artists I follow (and used to follow) runs almost 10 full pages, so I suspect I'd be too swamped with notifications for this to be useful.

Truthseeker: Now I see! Many thanks! (Of course, the question is now, if I had thoroughly checked pages like that, how the heck did I miss seeing this?)
.sig TBD