QUESTION TIME: Why do so many people love damsel in distress stuff?

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Ult147

QUESTION TIME: Why do so many people love damsel in distress stuff?

Post by Ult147 »

I have enjoyed seeing pretty girls getting tied up for as long as I can remember, but I can't really articulate why I find it so appealing.

I posted this question on my DeviantArt page a few weeks ago, and I got some very good responses. I'd like to hear from you guys. Why do you like DiD?
TheVampirePrincess

Re: QUESTION TIME: Why do so many people love damsel in distress stuff?

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

I believe a lot of it seems to happen in childhood when you see it a lot in cartoons or anime, especially when a character you have a crush on gets into distress. I liked DID until I thought to myself, what about the guys? Then I found out that I liked GID more mainly because of how easily I fall on love with some guys in anime.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

It was really cemented into my brain as a kid. But as long as I can remember I loved seeing characters and comics and cartoons tied up in a DiD situation. It's even evolved to more hardcore stuff later in life, though my favorites are still the classic DiD style situations you see on TV and in comics. I've even had a growing appreciation for GiD (hence the GiD section).
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

I've loved when girls are gagged for as long as I can remember. Even more so when they spoke with gag talk. My favorite gag on a girl would be tape, especially microfoam tape.