DID/GID goldmines

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Momoyoy

DID/GID goldmines

Post by Momoyoy »

Sorry if this has been done before, but how about a thread of series that have lot's of DID and/or GID?

DID Goldmines
The perils of Penelope Pitstop
Totally spies
Superman
Batman

GID goldmines
Ed Edd n' Eddy (I think every single male human that made more than one full appearance got tied up at least once)
Spider-man

DID and GID goldmines
Justice league action
Teamo supreamo
Ranma 1/2
Cbloomfield96

Re: DID/GID goldmines

Post by Cbloomfield96 »

I remember a lot of Ed Edd n' Eddy episodes ending with Ed Edd n' Eddy in stocks about to be tickled by the kanker sister
scarface

Post by scarface »

DID goldmines

Teenage mutant ninja turtles (80ies cartoon of course)
Cat's eye (not too many scene compared to the number of episodes, but all of them were amazing)
Inspector Gagdet
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

Lupin III. LOTS of DID scenes featuring Fujiko, as well as random damsels and a few cases of Fujiko tying up other women to replace them. And of course quite a few GID cases of Lupin and his pals tying up men to replace them.
sawxd

Post by sawxd »

Did Gold Mines
Scooby doo
Justice league (had a lot of nice tied and mummification)
City Hunter
Did/Gid Goldmines
Naruto and naruto shippuden (have great scenes for both gid and did but almost all is the filling of the anime)
I put my screenpics way before in my DA Account : https://www.deviantart.com/sawxd
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

It depends on if the majority of the main cast is male or female. If the majority of the main cast is make, there's going to be more GID(like most shone anime) , if the majority of the main cast is female(like most shoujo anime) , there's going to be more DID. Although, even then, the same character of the opposite gender could get kidnapped over & over again in order to create a sense of balance. I can list a couple examples.

DID Goldmines:
MLP
Most magical girl anime like Precure
Maybe Steven Universe
City Hunter

GID Goldmines:
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog based on the screenshots I've seen
Nintama Rantaro, hands down!
My Hero Academia, based on the anime & manga
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, a show I watched a while back, how can a cartoon about imaginary friends have THIS many scenes. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.
Maybe, the Beyblade series, I haven't seen every season, just a couple episodes of the Metal Fight series.

DID/GID Goldmines:
The Scooby Doo franchise
Hero 108, especially the 2nd season
Pokemon
Soreike! Anpanman, especially the earlier seasons
the Ben 10 series
anything DCAU related.
Detective Conan

those are what I could think of.
scarface wrote:DID goldmines

Teenage mutant ninja turtles (80ies cartoon of course)
Cat's eye (not too many scene compared to the number of episodes, but all of them were amazing)
Inspector Gagdet
I think for Inspector Gadget, it depends on the series, if you're looking into the original series, there's a lot of DID, however, if you're looking into Gadgetboy's Adventures in History, that has more GID
ira_gaines

Post by ira_gaines »

Momoyoy wrote: Totally spies
Arguably the ultimate goldmine. Is there a cartoon series with more DiD than Totally Spies?
Cbloomfield96

Post by Cbloomfield96 »

I remember watching the original x-men cartoon a few years back and pretty much every episode of the first two seasons had DID. I think the writer was one of us as some were very subtle like a female x-men getting grabbed by robotic tentacles for a few seconds before being freed, but there were a few full DID scenes including suspension, blindfolds etc...