Scooby Doo DID review

DiD in cartoon shows/ animated movies anime etc.

Moderator: Suicide

Suicide

Re: Scooby Doo DID review

Post by Suicide »

Total bust no ropes, gag's anything i'm really starting to wish this show will dissapear and go back to the good ol day's of Daphne being useless and dangerprone oh well.
Daphne has been kidnapped and bound 4 times in this series and 5 other women have gotten the treatment as well. Not sure what you're complaining about. That's more than Daphne ever got in What's New Scooby Doo and only a few less than the original series (which had a LOT more episodes).
erikson

Post by erikson »

Suicide wrote:
Total bust no ropes, gag's anything i'm really starting to wish this show will dissapear and go back to the good ol day's of Daphne being useless and dangerprone oh well.
Daphne has been kidnapped and bound 4 times in this series and 5 other women have gotten the treatment as well. Not sure what you're complaining about. That's more than Daphne ever got in What's New Scooby Doo and only a few less than the original series (which had a LOT more episodes).

I think that is the effect of looking back at old series and taking them in whole. It always feels like there are less scenes today because you actually have to wait for them to occur rather than just filing through them all at once. It creates the illusion that older series had far more DID scenes in them then they actually did.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

I totally agree on this with you erikson; if we take other series like Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc. the time now that we have to wait from one week to another seems like forever and we always speculate what will happen in the next episode.
Miho

Post by Miho »

ghostz wrote:I totally agree on this with you erikson; if we take other series like Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc. the time now that we have to wait from one week to another seems like forever and we always speculate what will happen in the next episode.
yeah, seconded. seems like literally every show now does that kind of system, that does make it seem more sparse
daphnebound

Post by daphnebound »

Agree with all above mentioned point's was just getting in a bit of a frustarted mood after watching the last episode, all in all it's a good show as said earier I was ranting to a very high degree and not thinking while typing. Just hoping it delievers something with it's remaining episodes!
[img]tumblr_pbi48nanrh1tiw99xo2_1280[/img]
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Finally I managed to track down ep 18 and it has some interesting DID scenes. Also the best part is that the GID is separate from that of the 2 damsels, the bad part is that he gets a longer scene :(

clip http://www.sendspace.com/file/oc2clp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I. Freaky reporter chick
ImageImageImage
II. Hot singer
ImageImageImage
III. First mind-controlled group
ImageImageImage
IV. A bit of DID history
ImageImageImage
V. Velma almost gets it
ImageImageImage
VI. Second mind-controlled group + the gang
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
VII. The Hex girls save the day
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
VIII. Before the episode is over let's not forget about the 2 damsels too
ImageImageImage
Bonus - The Hex girls in their stage/crime fighter outfit / "regular" outfits
ImageImageImage

Is it just me or that girls outfit looks pretty much like Daphne's just without her scarf
ImageImageImage
RySenkari

Post by RySenkari »

Hehehe, I wonder if the cute reporter and that singer "bonded" while they were in that coffin? :)
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Well if the old guy would have had a shorter DID scene, maybe their final scene would have been longer including some flashback.
Oh well, at least that ton of rope on their hands looks really nice
Last edited by ghostz on April 3rd, 2013, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Great job getting the scene. Too bad it's so short, but cute nonetheless. :)
RySenkari

Post by RySenkari »

Considering the way their hands were positioned I could easily envision them holding hands and nuzzling each other in the darkness to keep each other comforted. :)
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Here's a smaller DID scene, this time featuring Velma, in ep 22 Nightmare in Red

ImageImageImage

Also this episode is interesting because it shows all the previous Mystery Inc. or crime fighter groups. One thing is common to all these groups that there was, is and probably will be a very hot girl in them, and also another one that has glasses (or she's a Velma look alike) :) I just really want to know if all the previous hot girls till Daphne were also 'danger-prone' or this characteristic is unique for Daphne :D

Image=>Image=>Image=>
Image=>Image=> ?
Last edited by ghostz on April 5th, 2013, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Yeah I'd give anything to see a spin-off series with the "Mystery Gang." (The Wild West all girl version). :D
The last few eps will be airing this week every day at 5pm EST right up to the finale. Here's hoping.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Same here Suicide :)

Also for those who want to check them out online, every day a new ep is uploaded here http://www.watchcartoononline.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

In "Dark Night of the Hunters" the gang, along with Velma's mom, get attacked by living vines. Good shots of Velma and Daphne hands pulled to the sides and ankles wrapped together by the plant vines. Later Velma's mom is wrapped up from shoulders to feet from the vines.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Thanks I'll post the caps as soon as I find good versions of them :)