Cat's Eye DID review

DiD in cartoon shows/ animated movies anime etc.

Moderator: Suicide

scarface

Re: Cat's Eye DID review

Post by scarface »

I agree on 70. Easily one of the best non gag scenes of all time. She looks so amazing it's indescribable.
Nandah

Post by Nandah »

I'm with scarface and Truthseeker here :) Gags are lovely but they don't build a whole DiD to me. This one has great shots, wonderful bindings and one of the best wrist-ties of all times. Seriously, those hand struggle close-ups worth the whole scene to me.
SnidelyOne

Post by SnidelyOne »

In the interest of echoing prior opinion, I too love a good rope scene; even without a gag. I'd never even seen that episode 70 scene before, and it does look great. While I don't mind the lack of a gag, my one cardinal sin when it comes to these scenes is if the hands are bound in front. Just not a fan for whatever reason. :P
deviantART page: http://snidelyone.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Interrogator wrote:
nope 70:P
Are you kidding? 70 didn't even have a gag :S
in my eyes a good DID scene DOES NOT require a gag. I like gags as well but they arent a neccesity. One of my all time favorite scenes is from hanasaku iroha, where yes, she is gagged, but thats not why i love the scene. To often people here who love gags forget that DID stands for a damsel in distress, and consider anything covering their mouth to qualify regardless of wether the girl is in distress, danger, etc. or not. ep60 wasnt even a did really, they tied themselves to the tree to fake they were captured wheres ep70 was a legit the heroine captured and heavily restrained which is why it tops 60 in my eyes
Interrogator

Post by Interrogator »

Truthseeker wrote:in my eyes a good DID scene DOES NOT require a gag. I like gags as well but they arent a neccesity. One of my all time favorite scenes is from hanasaku iroha, where yes, she is gagged, but thats not why i love the scene. To often people here who love gags forget that DID stands for a damsel in distress, and consider anything covering their mouth to qualify regardless of wether the girl is in distress, danger, etc. or not. ep60 wasnt even a did really, they tied themselves to the tree to fake they were captured wheres ep70 was a legit the heroine captured and heavily restrained which is why it tops 60 in my eyes
Maybe so, but some of us like self bondage scenes, as long as the damsel is not an ugly man in disguise 8)
SnidelyOne

Post by SnidelyOne »

This fetish drew us all in for different reasons apparently. Despite being in the "no gags required" camp, I can see where you're coming from in liking gags too. I like them, I just don't "need" them. If the damsel has a weird mouth to me, just for the sake of example like Evangeline Lilly off of Lost, then a gag is PERFECT in making a scene with her work. If she isn't bound though, no dice; for me anyway. If anything should I see a gag scene with only the gag in view I find it necessary to envision the remainder of the scene with the damsel being bound, but that's just due to my taste. It's a minor difference to be sure, and while I'd admit that self bondage fits the theme of bondage well I find it doesn't tie in as well to the concept of DID; guess it depends on the context ultimately but in most cases I've seen self bondage is consensual and not akin to being imperiled in any way. Doesn't mean it can't be an effective scene in spite of that, but yeah, I do find 70 to be quite great with the shots of the bindings. x3
deviantART page: http://snidelyone.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Interrogator wrote:Maybe so, but some of us like self bondage scenes, as long as the damsel is not an ugly man in disguise 8)
agreed :green: lol and to bad self bondage scenes are rare :(
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

Is the tied up woman in Episode 4 ever shown again? The thief didn't kill her did she?
wc2bmalin

Post by wc2bmalin »

It's been a long time since I've seen the series, so I hope I remember the following correctly.
Is the tied up woman in Episode 4 ever shown again?
No, Cat's Eye had little in continuity like that.
The thief didn't kill her did she?
I can't recall anybody getting killed throughout the show.
.sig TBD