Questions (And Suggestions) on 2013 themes

Theme Month suggestions/ references etc.

Moderator: Suicide

Yami

Questions (And Suggestions) on 2013 themes

Post by Yami »

You guys can use this topic to post any questions you might have for the 2013 themes.

Anyway here are my questions.

1) On the Kimino theme is it okay we can also dress up our orginal characters tied up in Kiminos as well?

2) On the Literally theme since it's not likely on my part I can run into many books that has any damsels in distress moments. Is it okay to draw out scenes from some of our follow users stories and fanfictions as well?
Suicide

Re: Questions on 2013 themes

Post by Suicide »

1) Using OC's is certainly not breaking any RULES but I highly discourage just drawing your OC to fit the theme. Then all people would do is "here's my OC in a kimono. Here's my OC in this situation. Here's my OC in etc etc." I don't want this section to turn into that.

The point of this section is to take the theme and be creative with it. Create a scene from media (comic, cartoon or anime) that fits and make a DiD scene out of it. Put a certain character in a DiD situation that never got one, things like that. It's meant to be original and creative. Just taking your OC and sploshing it into the theme isn't very well thought out.

If you can find a creative way of doing this with an OC or making a creative spin on the topic that's fine. And again this isn't a rule it's just what is encouraged for the board. I'm certainly not gonna go around deleting peoples posts. Unless they are utterly unrelated to the topic. Then I probably would. So that's my take on that.

2) Sorry but no. The point of this is to take a scene in regular media and illustrate it. A source that is not specifically written to satisfy our DiD tastes. Taking an illustration from something that is specifically written to supply DiD material in the first place just doesn't seem that interesting. If anyone would like to post suggested scenes from books that they know of please feel free to do that, I'll open this topic up as a suggestions topic for people to give any thoughts on the themes.

Thanks for your inquiry!
Yami

Re: Questions (And Suggestions) on 2013 themes

Post by Yami »

Thanks Suicide for clearing that up for me. Oh and just one more question for the Kimino theme...do girls from video games count? I know some lovely ladies from Murumasa the Demon Blade game that would fit in quite nicely.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Yes video game gals are fair game! :)
futurehome11

Post by futurehome11 »

Juri Han month! huh? huuuuuuuh? :D ok then!
Levvvar

Post by Levvvar »

Suicide wrote:Yes video game gals are fair game! :)
So I guess in this Case Carmelita Fox from Sly video games are also welcome here? :D
Yami

Post by Yami »

One question for Octobers webbed up month is it okay to use our OC's as well.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

I have an idea for october, how about damsels and monsters? Like with King Kong?

Hey I came up with something.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
SnidelyOne

Post by SnidelyOne »

I have an idea for october, how about damsels and monsters? Like with King Kong?
Hey, that sounds pretty cool! Could be reminiscent of "old-timey" movie posters. :)

As far as my monthly suggestions go I'd suggest April O'Neil April; though perhaps that's a little too obvious. :lol:
deviantART page: http://snidelyone.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;