Suggestions for 2014 Themes

Theme Month suggestions/ references etc.

Moderator: Suicide

Suicide

Suggestions for 2014 Themes

Post by Suicide »

I'm gonna keep these going because there seems to be a renewed energy into it. Though my year was slammed next year I should be more productive as well so let's get the Theme Month suggestions started. I will start:

Alien Babes - Women of Sci Fi or Alien races. I'm gonna split hairs on this one and say no Damsels that look EXACTLY human. Like Princess Leia. Yeah she's TECHNICALLY an alien but she's basically just a human. The idea is to play with humanoid hotness like from Mass Effect races and Green Lantern babes, etc. The only criteria is that they can't be completely human in appearance.

Fill in the Blank - Ya know those famous DiD scenes in cartoons or the ones that we didn't get to see but we know happened? Let's fill in all the blanks of those scenes. Like this wonderful bit from Vwyler commissioned by DaphneBound:
Mystery Mask Mix-Up 1 Mystery Mask Mix-Up 2
Let's fill in all the cracks of those lovely scenes we didn't get the full picture.

ALSO... I'm gonna put up a poll. This will be used to determine the return of an old theme. Possibly two but we'll see. The Poll will be a list of themes that were popular and heavily contributed too and the winner will return for the year 2014. So now...

COMMENCE THE SUGGESTIONS
patrickxtrem

Re: THEME MONTHS 2014

Post by patrickxtrem »

I'll start:

AGENT K- Sure she had some tie-ups on The Replacements, but she never got the full treatment.

ERIKSON TRIBUTE- I like Erikson's artwork. Why not do a tribute to The Willbourne Sisters, and the Deanna And Tracy comics he does at the Girl Detective forum.

WINX CLUB- Nickelodeon isn't giving love to this series with all the hiatus within Seasons 5 &6. Winx fans would love to give the Winx, Trix, and other female cast members the treatment.

PRIME TIME CARTOON BABES: Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Daria, Etc.
Yami

Post by Yami »

OC tributes: A month we can dedicate to our favorite original damsels from anyone on this board.

Minnie Mouse: A month to tribute to the very first damsel in distress from the early years of cartoons to today.

Teachers: A month that allows the students to tie and gag their Teacher like Bart tieing ang gagging Edna.

Railroad perils: The classic setting of damsels tied to railraod tracks.

Burqa bondage: As some of you know Godzilla732 has a gallery of cartoon babes tied up and gagged while wearing burqas but it would be awesome to see this kind of work from others.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Studio Ghibli: Miyazaki's famous for his female characters. I noticed that they don't seem to get enough attention on this board. I'm personally interested since I just saw Princess Mononoke the other day and thought, "How come no one's done this girl?" I may be wrong about my thought, but it's something I'd like to see.

Gundam Girls: There are over ten different shows from this franchise, each with its own collection of cute girls. Artists on this board would have a lot to choose from.
Levvvar

Post by Levvvar »

First of all I agree with Yami - Girls in burquas. It sounds very good to me.

Also here are fef themes from me:

Carmelita Fox - why? Try to tell me in that case who wouldn't like to see her tied up and gagged? :P

Cement traps - why not?

Thea Stilton and Thea Sisters - beacuse I know that most of the Forum likes them and these mice also often gets in trouble :D

Encasement

Captured By Mad Sciencists - well, something new and creative, right?

Furries - generally :)
Akumaryuu

Post by Akumaryuu »

My Ideas:

Arabian Nights(Aka Harem outfits and stuff) - It would be interesting to see some girls from Arabian nights themed setting or girls wearing harem outfits

Skullgirls Characters - Cuz there is not enough Skullgirls DiD. (for me at least) ifthisisonthelistdrawmissfortuneplz

Pirate Vs Ninja - Ninja girl tying pirate girl, Pirate girl tying ninja girl and vice versa. also both party can be tied.

Critical Failure - Tied up girls dressed as RPG classes(Warrior, Thief, Mage and stuff like these) in various typical RPG DiD situation.
Yami

Post by Yami »

Thanks Levvvar.

I just thought up a couple more ideas.

CGI damsels: With the take-over of CGI movies we should do damsels from CGI cartoon movies like Toy Story, The Croods, Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, etc.

Butch Heartman girls: Girls from Butch Hartmen cartoons like The Fairly Oddparents, Tuff Puppy, and Danny Phantom.

Catwomen: Come on who doesn't like seeing our favorite Villainess/Heroine in a sexy cat outfit bound and gagged. It doesn't have to be THE Catwoman you can dress up your favorite damsel in various cat-type outfits. Like Princess Peach in her cat outfit from the lasted Mario game for the Wii-U.
RySenkari

Post by RySenkari »

Oh Canada - Girls from Canadian animated shows such as Total Drama Island and 6Teen.

Televised Disney - Girls from Disney Channel original animated series such as Kim Possible, Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, etc.

Don Bluth Month - Girls from Don Bluth films such as Anastasia and Titan AE.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

Tokusatsu month, only women from toku shows and movies like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Godzilla, Ultraman, Gamera, and whatever the fuck else.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

Aquarionoid wrote:Tokusatsu month, only women from toku shows and movies like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Godzilla, Ultraman, Gamera, and whatever the fuck else.
That idea might be good, but that doesn't count. There is this Wii game I have that crossover the Capcom characters with anime characters from Gatchman, Yattaman, etc. Maybe that would be better.
Nandah

Post by Nandah »

My suggestions:

Doctor Who: any of the many Doctor's companions or the many girls and women he meets during the whole show. I just began watching it and don't know much about the female cast myself, but I know it's plenty of fans around the net, and probably some of you are too as well.

Vanillaware: Female characters from Vanillaware productions, such as Odin Sphere, Oboro Muramasa or Dragon's Crown.

Sword & Sorcery: basically any female character from medieval fantasy franchises, such as Conan, Red Sonja, The Witcher, Game of Thrones...

Point & Click: What about the old funny point & click adventures most of us have enjoyed for years? They were plenty of lovely funny characters, as they still are since the graphic adventures' new silver age (most of you have mentioned the Deponia scenes so far). So yeah, this will be focused on any lady from old & new point & click adventures: Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Deponia, Blackwell Legacy, Gemini Rue...

Fairy Tail: Simple, we had a Bleach month theme. Why not a Fairy Tail month theme? :P Or whatever famous anime franchise you want, of course.

So far so good, I'll get to more ideas later.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

but that doesn't count.
Any particular reason why?
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

That idea might be good, but that doesn't count.
To say that doesn't count is a bit flippant. I will say the focus of the board is typically on animation and comic damsels. So that will likely be the focus of the theme art section as well. But do feel free to suggest whatever you want to see. It may give people ideas of what to do on the month suggestions that are picked. Nothing is taboo in this topic.
Yami

Post by Yami »

Just thought up another idea.

Make your own damsel in distress comic: A month where you make a three panel or four panel comic strip where you put your damsel in a funny but distrssful stituation.
darkforce2005

Post by darkforce2005 »

How about a 80's flashback theme for arts of cartoons form the 80's