THEMES FOR 2017

Theme Month suggestions/ references etc.

Moderator: Suicide

Suicide

THEMES FOR 2017

Post by Suicide »

Okay guys here we go. Took a look at the suggestions and this is what we got!

JANUARY - NERD GIRLS:
A month dedicated to all the brainy smart girls and genius girls that needs the Damsel in distress treatment. Velma Dinkly, Nanao, Jinora,Yomiko Readman etc.

FEBRUARY - DREAMWORKS DAMSELS
We've done Pixar so let's do Dreamworks damsels this time around. Any characters from a Dreamworks production.

MARCH - ROYALTY IN DISTRESS:
Princesses, queens, duchesses, and any other kind of high end DiDs you can think of with royal duties

APRIL - WEBCOMICS:
There are lots of web comics with plenty of ladies that would make perfect damsels.

MAY - MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS:
It's a pair of Moms and Daughters month. We've done this one before too but it's still a great concept with lots of stuff to explore

JUNE - SHANTAE MONTH:
There's plenty of lovely ladies in Shantae and I love the designs so we're doing this one!

JULY - LEGEND OF KORRA:
This month is the debut of the new Legend of Korra comic and to celebrate we got more Korra DiD Art cuz it never gets old!

AUGUST - INDIE COMICS:
Comic damsels outside of Marvel and DC, like Archie, Image, Dark Horse, BOOM, IDW and so much more!

SEPTEMBER - RWBY ROPES:
A month dedicated to the ladies of RWBY produced by roosterteeth. Bout time we dedicated to them!

OCTOBER - VILLAINESSES:
We've done this one before but it's still a good one. Any Villainess or bad girl can go in this month.

NOVEMBER - OC's MONTH:
There's plenty of Original Characters in the DiD community and what better way to celebrate than have a full month. I encourage everyone draw someone else's OC instead of your own.

DECEMBER - FIGHTING GAME GIRLS
Another retread but who cares!? It's all about the DiD art. Street Fighter, Motral Kombat, SNK! All those ladies are up for grabs!

I will be participating in every month and trying to get more people from DA to step in. I think I have some general interest stirring up for it. Thanks to everyone who posts every month and I'll be joining you this year 100%!
Yami

Re: THEMES FOR 2017

Post by Yami »

That's great Suicide I can't wait to see more artists participatings. Because between you and me it seems like only me and Godzilla713 were the only ones whom been working on the theme months.

LOL I had a feeling you would go for a Shantae month.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I updated. Took out Naruto and put in RWBY. We've never had a month dedicated to that show and I think we need one!
Torpedo184

Post by Torpedo184 »

I'm no longer on DA but could filtre a lot of my older works to one of my blogs, especially for January (Velma Dinkley) & March(Disney princesses are still one of my "specialties" to draw). And speaking of princesses, I've been following Disney's "Elena Princess of Avalor" & there have been some interesting perils :D
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

Drawing someone else's OC & putting it on here? Somehow that doesn't feel right.
Gustorak

Post by Gustorak »

question for month of mars.

To what extend the royalty goes? Did considered Baronness Anastsia from G.I.Joe Include in this and some princess more like Roxy from the winx good for this theme month you want really hardcore royalty
Here my Deviant:
http://gustorak.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I think pretty much keep it in the realm of someone who is known for/looks like the typical royal type. Otherwise it's missing the point.
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

Suicide wrote:I think pretty much keep it in the realm of someone who is known for/looks like the typical royal type. Otherwise it's missing the point.
Can I add this?
http://superangel502.deviantart.com/art ... -595953661
Gustorak

Post by Gustorak »

Suicide wrote:I think pretty much keep it in the realm of someone who is known for/looks like the typical royal type. Otherwise it's missing the point.

So Hardcore Royalty. I ask because i need to be sure. I have a fews royalty work ready, i just want to be sure of wiich one i can post or not.
Here my Deviant:
http://gustorak.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

TheVampirePrincess wrote:
Can I add this?
http://superangel502.deviantart.com/art ... -595953661
It fits but again I want to avoid the idea of posting other works. The idea is to have completely original works created specifically for the month so it's not just a post-party topic. It's more meant to encourage new works to be created.