Looking for a comic book hand-gag scene

Request artists and contributors with ideas on DiD's, situations, and scenarios.

Moderator: Suicide

somedude37

Looking for a comic book hand-gag scene

Post by somedude37 »

Hey guys, I need a little help trying to re-find a great hand-gag scene from an old comic book that I want to use as a reference image on a commission. The scene I'm talking about is easily one of the top 5 best hand-gag scenes I've ever seen in a comic. It's that good. I can't believe I was such an idiot back when I was skimming through whatever .cbr file this was in and I didn't save the image or make note of it somewhere. :P The frustrating thing is I've probably still got the file of the complete comic this is in on my hard drive, I just can't remember what it was for the life of me. Anyway, here are the details I recall about the scene, as best as I can remember:

#1) It was definitely from a Golden Age comic book, and not a newspaper strip.

#2) The scene is in color.

#3) The girl being hand-gagged is either a redhead or brunette (I think) and is quite attractive.

#4) Pretty sure if I remember right she is wearing a green dress.

#5) The hand-gag is REALLY tight-looking and covers both her mouth and nose if I remember right.

#6) The pose she's in is pretty dramatic and the villain is grabbing and hand-gagging her so tightly that her head is almost completely tilted back, but I think she was looking at the viewer too.

#7) I think this scene may have been on the splash-page for whatever story this occurred in, as it is a pretty dramatic image and the kind you would expect to see on one of those.

#8) I think it was in a comic book that had to do with either crime, police, or possibly superhero stories, but not positive. My best guesses right now are that it was from either an issue of Master Comics, Police Comics, or Smash Comics. Any comics from publisher Fiction House could also be candidates though, such as Fight Comics or Jumbo Comics, since their comics were always loaded with hot females.

Any help in tracking this scene down would be much appreciated. If you enjoy hand-gag scenes at all, trust me, this one is AWESOME and will be a reward in itself to you if you find it. ;)

Thanks!
somedude37

Re: Looking for a comic book hand-gag scene

Post by somedude37 »

UPDATE: For anyone who might be interested in looking for this scene, I've already checked Fight Comics, Smash Comics, and National Comics with no sign of it. So those can be crossed off the list.