Cally's Caves 3

Video Game characters here.

Moderator: Suicide

Jazzypants

Cally's Caves 3

Post by Jazzypants »

So while checking Metroidvania titles on Steam's store, I couldn't help but notice something relevant to our interests. Cally's parents are tied back to back in literally the first shot shown in this game's first trailer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41812 ... s_Caves_3/

The game looks like a fun, 2D era Metroidvania title and I'll probably pick it up in the near future to see if there's any further CID in the game (And, well, to play it. As I said above, it looks fun). :)

Edit: Bought it, just finished the first area so far, and so far, aside from the CID shown in the trailer, nothing. I'll update further as I progress in the game./

Edit #2: Found one! During the third boss fight, Cally can be webbed up by Buzz the Terrible Tarantula if hit with its projectiles. She can still use her gun and sword though (in fact, you use the latter to free yourself). Image to come soon. :)
Jazzypants

Re: Cally's Caves 3

Post by Jazzypants »

Update! I have now completed the game and have capped every bit of DID/GID in it!

First up, as mentioned in the first post: Cally can get mostly tied up in webbing if hit by it while fighting Buzz the Terrible Tarantula, the third boss.

Second, in the penultimate area of the game, Cally is trapped in an electrical field and you must take control of the dog Bera to set her free.

Third and last, in the final boss' room, you can find Cally's parents tied up and suspended on the right side.

And to those of you wondering if the game's worth a purchase, in my humble opinion, it definitely is. It's one of the finest Metroidvania style games I've ever played.