Samurai Warriors - Aya

This if for DiD FAN ART of your favorite Video Game characters!

Moderator: Suicide

Neo Juste Belmont

Samurai Warriors - Aya

Post by Neo Juste Belmont »

Commissioned by Geekling. Here's the pic: http://shinbloodytears.deviantart.com/a ... -505694577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everytime we have Samurai Warriors DID, it's always one of these three: Nene, Kunoichi or Oichi. Why not do someone else that is also hot and people never thought of her? Aya is hawt.
Yami

Re: Samurai Warriors - Aya

Post by Yami »

Nice collaboration by you and the guy who drew the picture.
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

Aya certainly is ''hawt'' but I think she's to baddass and even creepy to ever be a victim. She definitely wears the pants in the clan's leadership. I can easily see Nene getting overpowered by a kidnapper and held hostage against husband dear but I don't see anyone being capable of overcoming Aya. Even Hojo is creeped out by her :D

Is the distress taking place on a river a reference to her husband's death by any chance?
Neo Juste Belmont

Post by Neo Juste Belmont »

Well, not really, it was more of in mind about an old cartoon scene about an old lady getting tied to a raft and sent to a waterfall. Aya's husband dying on river is purely coincidence.

But still, my goal has always been to give the less-than-drawn ladies a chance. And Aya really deserve about a time to shine.
Miho

Post by Miho »

Neo Juste Belmont wrote:Well, not really, it was more of in mind about an old cartoon scene about an old lady getting tied to a raft and sent to a waterfall. Aya's husband dying on river is purely coincidence.

But still, my goal has always been to give the less-than-drawn ladies a chance. And Aya really deserve about a time to shine.
a lot of people like the tough damsels better anyway lol. so toughness isn't really a deterrent per se.

also, nice to see someone else that gives the under-done damsels a shot, there's really a saturation of media on several characters around the net, and while that's not necessarily that bad, it's always a shame when other characters get little to no attention/use, especially in those cases when these types of characters are also good ones, or even better ones than those over-used ones, but there's also a wide variety of reasons as to why that happens. obscurity of the character/media of origin/etc is a big factor that I always see.

either way though, great commission here, I personally do like the character, and I think it turned out well, so good going on this comm idea on all fronts.