"Fly-Bonds are Forever" (TMNT DiD commission by erikson1) :)

Your favorite gal(s) in peril from cartoon shows/ movies

Moderator: Suicide

somedude37

"Fly-Bonds are Forever" (TMNT DiD commission by erikson1) :)

Post by somedude37 »

Today I'm thrilled to finally be able to share something with everyone here that I've had in the works for a long time. :) Last year I was brainstorming ideas for TMNT-themed DiD pics starring April O'Neil and somehow my mind led me to the idea of spoofing actual movie posters. And naturally, since the James Bond film series has had some of the best and most recognizable posters in film history, I thought of those, and all the gorgeous Bond girls who could easily be replaced by April and put into DiD/bondage situations. >:D But there was just one problem: which Turtles character could I use to replace Bond? Picking any one of the Turtles over the others just didn't seem logical, or fair to the others. Splinter? Nah, he was just too old and it wouldn't make much sense. And then I thought of Baxter Stockman, the nerdy scientist-turned-mutant fly who was my favorite little villain from the original Turtles cartoon series. And all of a sudden it dawned on me just how perfect Baxter would be to replace Bond in these posters. The irony of a nerdy mutant fly standing in for a debonair super-spy was perfect for the humor I wanted to convey in these posters. And then there were the James Bond movie titles themselves, so many of which were tailor-made to be twisted and rhymed with "fly"! Fly-Bonds are Forever, Live and Let Fly, The Fly Who Bugged Me, For Your Flies Only, Goldenfly, Tomorrow Never Flies, Fly Another Day, Flyfall, and so on. :lol: Heck, even some of the movies with titles I couldn't rhyme with "fly" I knew could be parodied in one way or another to relate to TMNT. For example, there could be On His Majesty's Sewer Service (co-starring the Rat King), Plunderball (co-starring the Technodrome), and even an epic "final" confrontation between Baxter and "Old Tin-Grin" in Never See Shredder Again. :D

And thus an idea was born in my head which I could not let die, and a fire I could not put out! But I needed an artist with enough talent to bring these crazy poster ideas to reality, and in erikson1, I found just the right man for the job. ;) So I told erikson1 last year about my "Baxter-as-Bond/April-in-BONDage" :lol: posters concept and I commissioned him for 4 pieces in this series, beginning with Fly-Bonds are Forever, my parody of the original poster for Diamonds are Forever . He gladly took up the challenge and was able to finish the pic for me a little while back, which he's now uploaded to his gallery for everyone's viewing pleasure.

If you love April O'Neil in bondage and the original classic Turtles cartoon as I do, I think you'll agree the end result of our collaboration is pretty damn awesome. 8) I supplied erikson1 with the plans and he carried them out brilliantly, even adding a few "Turtleization" touches (Foots soldiers on mini-copters, Turtle Blimp, Technodrome) that helped to make the pic even better. I can't wait to work with him again on the next poster in the series. If you guys think this one was good, you haven't seen anything yet. The best is yet to come! ;)

For now though, please enjoy Fly-Bonds are Forever!

http://erikson1.deviantart.com/art/Fly- ... -524369282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; *(April O'Neil and Burne Thompson's girlfriend Tiffany in bondage! Gag variants in the scraps section of erikson1's gallery.)
http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/82011/jdpdiamond.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; *(original James Bond movie poster for Diamonds are Forever, for comparison)

And now a few small "bonuses" I cooked up to go along with this poster and enrich the total experience, for pure amusement's sake. :)

Fly-Bonds are Forever plot summary (by somedude37):

He's the mutant fly who just won't die! Baxter Stockman escapes dimensional limbo and returns to Earth in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' "Fly-Bonds Are Forever." Seeking revenge on Shredder, Krang, and the Turtles, Baxter aims to eliminate his sworn enemies once and for all! But his vengeance won't come easy. Krang and Shredder have tunneled the Technodrome underneath Las Vegas in their latest plot for world domination: powering a giant electromagnetic pulse cannon by draining all the electricity from the city! When Donatello's gadgets start reading strange seismic activity underneath the Nevada desert, the Turtles know it can only be the Technodrome, and swiftly head to Vegas to stop it. April O'Neil reluctantly makes a deal with Burne Thompson in order to follow the Turtles and chase the story in Vegas. She agrees to take Burne's bimbo girlfriend Tiffany along to help her get an audition as a Vegas showgirl! But things go terribly wrong when they are kidnapped by Baxter and subjected to his most devious invention yet: the super-strength, unbreakable ropes he calls "fly-bonds!" The cunning fly takes the bound and gagged beauties to an underground cavern housing the Technodrome to lure the Turtles into a 3-way battle royale to the death! Can the Turtles save the lovely ladies and Las Vegas all in one night? Will Shredder and Krang finally reign supreme? Or will a pesky fly have the last laugh? Find out in the action-packed conclusion to the Turtles' thrilling motion picture extravaganza, "Fly-Bonds are Forever!"

"Fly-Bonds Are Forever" lyrics (by somedude37)
title theme song from Fly-Bonds are Forever (as sung, er, “mumbled” by April O’Neil) :D

Fly-bonds are forever
They immobilize and squeeze me
I just hope a Turtle frees me
I can struggle all night
but I know that they won’t slip off me

Fly-bonds are forever
Make one loose and try to stress it
Push it, strain it, and duress it
My plan’s falling apart
there’s no way I can get them off me

I can’t find love
Why must men do this to me?
Even fly-men subdue me
But when he’s gone
his ropes stay on!!!

Fly-bonds are forever
Tied around my little fingers
Unlike mens’, the fly-bonds linger
Men are chauvinist pigs
who I refuse to be a slave for!!!

I can’t find love
Why must men do this to me?
Even fly-men subdue me
But when he’s gone
his ropes stay on!!!

Fly-bonds are forever, forever, forever
Fly-bonds are forever, forever, forever
Forever, and ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* based on the original lyrics for "Diamonds are Forever" http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoin ... re_Forever" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* "Diamonds are Forever" main title/theme song: http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoin ... PeSPB68i2c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BAXTER STOCKMAN WILL RETURN IN LIVE AND LET FLY 8)
Yami

Re: "Fly-Bonds are Forever" (TMNT DiD commission by erikson1

Post by Yami »

Nice song and Erick if you are reading this, once again you did a great job on your work. The pictures looks great.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

That is one impressive piece!
scarface

Post by scarface »

Amazing work. I wish this movie would exist. :D
NateX

Post by NateX »

The most amazing piece I've seen in awhile. Worth the login just to reply!

Thanks for sharing these commissions buddy!
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Thanks guys! I'm glad to see that this piece has received so much positive feedback, both here and at DA. I thought it would be something that all of us April bondage lovers and Turtles lovers would enjoy, but since the idea is a little wacky, I wasn't sure exactly how it would be received. I'm really glad that erikson1 accepted the challenge of working on it, and thrilled with the results he created. :D

BTW, if you guys liked this one, just wait until you see what we cook up for you on the next one. For all you old-school TMNT fans, it's gonna blow your minds. I promise! ;)
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Fantastic
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

I thought you guys might like a few little bonuses for this piece! I noticed that a few colored gag variants were missing from erikson1's gallery in the scraps section and I thought you all might like to see them. He asked me to pick a couple colors and gag styles and these are what I chose. So you now have your choice of April and Tiffany silenced with classic OTM or bandit OTN style gags in a musty brown tone or a lovely shade I dubbed "Baxter Green." :lol: Also the original lineart for the piece. Enjoy!

Image Image Image Image Image