"Live and Let Fly" poster (April O'Neil and Irma b&g!)

Your favorite gal(s) in peril from cartoon shows/ movies

Moderator: Suicide

somedude37

"Live and Let Fly" poster (April O'Neil and Irma b&g!)

Post by somedude37 »

Well today I'm happy to be able to share with you guys something that has been in the works for a few months, but which I initially teased over 1 1/2 years ago. Here it finally is!

"Live and Let Fly": http://night-glare.deviantart.com/art/T ... -652675147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:

Some of you will remember "Fly-Bonds are Forever" that erikson1 did for me shortly before his complete disappearance from Deviantart: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fly-Bonds ... -524369282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Originally, erikson1 was supposed to do 3 more pieces for me in this Bond-spoof TMNT poster series, and he had already been paid in advance for them. I waited, and waited, and waited for his return, and sent multiple notes to him. But I never heard anything back and nobody else seemed to know what happened to him either. So after more than a year-and-a-half of waiting for his return, I made the difficult decision to find another artist to continue this project. It wasn't easy to find someone who could handle a project like this, and with the right art style I was looking for. Finally though, I settled on Deviantartist night-glare (http://night-glare.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and boy oh boy...am I ever glad I did! I think when you see the final results, you will agree that he was the right man for the job! :D

So enjoy "Live and Let Fly" in all its glory, and if you like it, please leave some nice comments for night-glare at Deviantart. I know it was a very difficult and time-consuming project for him and he'd never done anything on this level before, so I'm sure he'd appreciate all the positive feedback you can give him. I really want him to be the "official" artist for this poster series going forward and I can't see anyone replacing him as long as he wants the job. Hopefully he will work his magic pen for me again when Baxter returns for "The Man with the Retro-Mutagen Gun." 8)
ghostz

Re: "Live and Let Fly" poster (April O'Neil and Irma b&g!)

Post by ghostz »

nicely done and great idea :)
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Thanks man, glad to hear you liked it. I recently also commissioned night-glare to begin work on the sequel poster too, "The Man With The Retro-Mutagen Gun." Three guesses who that is. :lol: This time, April and Tiffany will once again find themselves in a bit of a bind. :D
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Very cool parody. They did a lovely job with Irma
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Thanks man. Good to know that people are enjoying it. I totally agree on Irma too. Night-glare did a great job on both her and April. I thought from the beginning that she ought to be in it. Irma DiD pics seem pretty rare so it was a good chance to show her some love.
NateX

Post by NateX »

Almost missed this one. Thanks for sharing! Love all the stuff you're commissioning
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Thanks man! Good to hear you're enjoying them. I already have night-glare working on the next poster for me so keep your eyes open for that before too long! ;)