Tips on Youtube account?

Please drop a line here and maybe introduce yourself. We're back folks.

Moderator: Suicide

didfan smith

Tips on Youtube account?

Post by didfan smith »

I recently started a Youtube account and started to upload some DID scenes that I noticed were not already on Youtube. So far so good as I have a few uploaded already but I ran into one problem already. One of the scenes I uploaded was taken down almost immediately its seems. It is the scene from a Lupin special with Fujiko

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDQ1hJ ... eos?view=0

How do I avoid this and what can I do about the scene that is taken down? I know there are some loopholes like fair use but I'm not really privvy to them. Also, any other tips would be nice and if you want a specific scene that is not already edited I can try and do that if one of the more prolific guys haven't already.
ghostz

Re: Tips on Youtube account?

Post by ghostz »

Well don't upload Lupin III DID scenes, those got me banned like 6 times so far. Normally if you find or have a DID scene, check if it's not still airing, if it is wait till if finished. Also another idea is to give a different name than the original one but this will not help you every time to avoid copyright strikes.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Lupin vids seem to grab attention quite easily. That studio is very particular about it's content and they are a Youtube partner. I believe they a crawler that looks for "same/matching" content of their copyrighted material be it audio or video and immediately flags the uploads that match any of their stuff, so even cryptic names won't help with this issue.
didfan smith

Post by didfan smith »

I heard that about the Lupin scenes but there are a few of them up, including one on my channel that I uploaded before the one that was flagged. I just uploaded another one but this time the title is FM instead of Fujiko Mine and there are no Lupin related tags and the description is empty. I'll see how well that works. If that gets taken down then I think I'll just avoid Lupin.

Btw, how strikes do you get before they take down your account? I already have one. Also, can you challenge the flagging under fair use or something along those lines or is that futile because the scene is unaltered? I know some people invert some copyrighted material to keep it from getting flagged, does that really work?
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Two. If you get flagged and you're still in violation period your channel is yanked.
didfan smith

Post by didfan smith »

Suicide wrote:Two. If you get flagged and you're still in violation period your channel is yanked.
Oh wow. I figured you get three. I might just take down the Fujiko scene I just uploaded.
Kayjay

Post by Kayjay »

Has anybody tried using http://www.myvideo.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as an alternative to Youtube?

It's a German based site that seems to have fairly lax uploading rules.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I did consider that one but it's really buggy. Not very intuitive with uploads either. At least last I tried it.