The World EnDIDs with you

Video Game characters here.

Moderator: Suicide

merinthos

The World EnDIDs with you

Post by merinthos »

This is a project I've been wanting to do for months now, and now I think I've gotten the art style down well enough...rendering the lines takes a while, but the effect is rather neat.

Anyway, here's Ms. Konishi, Eri, and Rhyme taped up. :)

ghostz

Re: The World EnDIDs with you

Post by ghostz »

great work man
Miho

Post by Miho »

more awesome work! love how you do tape
merinthos

Post by merinthos »

More TWEWY goodness...here's the group from a different angle, another panel from another one of my little comic projects in progress.

Miho

Post by Miho »

simply epic, love the added angle, and the expressions, and we get to see the cute blondie's pretty eyes with her lovely glasses. great work Merinthos
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Love the dark lines. Really captures the feel of game! Excellent work!
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

As much as I've always enjoyed your art, I have to wonder why you make tape gags so wrinkled and thick. They look a lot like cloth gags, not something that's thin and adhesive. They always stand out enough that it really ruins my belief of the scene.
merinthos

Post by merinthos »

Suichiro wrote:As much as I've always enjoyed your art, I have to wonder why you make tape gags so wrinkled and thick. They look a lot like cloth gags, not something that's thin and adhesive. They always stand out enough that it really ruins my belief of the scene.
I have a big collection of RL model pictures that I use for reference from time to time, and the tape does look rather wrinkled when it has been layered and applied firmly to the body. If it is too smooth, that means the tape has not been packed on well, and therefore, it's probably going to fall off. So I guess it's a difference of opinion.
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

Actually I much prefer tape gags like this, they look more effective.
If its one thing I hate seeing its the tape gag being either one strip which never looks like its gonna do anything or even worse one pathetically small strip that in real life would barely cover anything.

I remember seeing screencaps of scenes like that and it just annoys me.
schwarzkrieger

Post by schwarzkrieger »

The coloring for both pics is amazing.
Nezz

Post by Nezz »

I love how you mirror the linework style, with the black, thick outline also becoming like shading in parts.
My children called me "Daddy". My wife called me "Milien". Now the world will learn to call me... NOX...
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

I could make some long essay on why rendering wrinkles and imperfections on the tape in this particular manner is unrealistic and makes them look more loose, but I should really just say look at how LOZ does his. That's wrinkling done well, as those wrinkles only happen when the flesh on the face is also distorted.