Digata Defenders DID and GID

DiD in cartoon shows/ animated movies anime etc.

Moderator: Suicide

AnonymousDIDLover

Digata Defenders DID and GID

Post by AnonymousDIDLover »

Hey, don't know if this has been posted before but in this show called Digata Defenders three of the main characters are captured(2 girls and 1 guy) with 1 girl mummified and the other girl and guy tied to each other. I found this through someone on deviantart called DerekChun who posted a GIF of the mummifying scene here: http://derekchun.deviantart.com/art/DiG ... -627899496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so all credit goes to him.

The episode is on Youtube so here are the timestamps: 13:01 and 15:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhOGgSvBrM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
TheVampirePrincess

Re: Digata Defenders DID and GID

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

AnonymousDIDLover wrote:Hey, don't know if this has been posted before but in this show called Digata Defenders three of the main characters are captured(2 girls and 1 guy) with 1 girl mummified and the other girl and guy tied to each other. I found this through someone on deviantart called DerekChun who posted a GIF of the mummifying scene here: http://derekchun.deviantart.com/art/DiG ... -627899496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so all credit goes to him.

The episode is on Youtube so here are the timestamps: 13:01 and 15:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhOGgSvBrM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
I've seen it, & it sucks that none of the boys get gagged, but the girl does >:( .
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

TheVampirePrincess wrote:
AnonymousDIDLover wrote:Hey, don't know if this has been posted before but in this show called Digata Defenders three of the main characters are captured(2 girls and 1 guy) with 1 girl mummified and the other girl and guy tied to each other. I found this through someone on deviantart called DerekChun who posted a GIF of the mummifying scene here: http://derekchun.deviantart.com/art/DiG ... -627899496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so all credit goes to him.

Enjoy!
I've seen it, & it sucks that none of the boys get gagged, but the girl does >:( .
lol now you see how we DID fans feel with A LOT of shows these days.
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

Truthseeker wrote:
TheVampirePrincess wrote:

Enjoy!
lol now you see how we DID fans feel with A LOT of shows these days.
Really? I thought the female damsel getting more attention and more distress scenes in general were, and still are the default way shows handle kidnappings and the likes.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

depends i guess. I use to download a lot of series and sift through them for DID and i can tell you ive been let down with no DID many time but seen GID instead :/
Or my favorite situation is where a CID happens but the guy gets a harsher tie up than the girl :p
i cant site any since i havent looked at anything in forever but it has a happened a lot. newer series maybe less so but i havent looked in a good while
SnidelyOne

Post by SnidelyOne »

depends i guess. I use to download a lot of series and sift through them for DID and i can tell you ive been let down with no DID many time but seen GID instead :/
Or my favorite situation is where a CID happens but the guy gets a harsher tie up than the girl :p
i cant site any since i havent looked at anything in forever but it has a happened a lot. newer series maybe less so but i havent looked in a good while
I think the largest examples of the difference between GID and DID in cartoons and anime I've noticed is a much greater degree of male secondary characters running afoul of bindings than female ones; especially when you factor in guards. I can recall male guards knocked out and tied up in the original Full Metal Alchemist, and then there's the Tokyo Bonkers episode that had 3 guys tied up and gagged pretty extensively, and while Miranda did get a pretty nice scene herself it was not as well rendered as the 3 guys tied up scene before it. The Tokyo Bonkers example does play into the fact that main character girls can and do somewhat often get some variation of scenes themselves. I can't safely assess that guys get harsher tie ups, or what sort of trends are arising in regards to DID or GID, but I have seen that at least as far as live-action TV shows I've seen, consensual bondage play is routinely more practiced on males rather than females, and while I don't necessarily care too much for the more extreme side of things, that IS a trend I've observed so far.

For GID fans of live-action shows, I'll just list what I've seen so far: Marco Polo season 2's Ahkmad, a couple separate scenes in Killjoys involving a bad guy and a masochistic monk, and Dark Matter season 2 where a bad guy is tied to a chair by 4 women.

TLDR; unnamed male characters seem far more likely to get a distress scene, but arguably named female characters are likely to get a distress scene solo in accordance to DID cliche, and I feel that CID scenes I've seen have had more guys than girls, but it varies enough to be hard to say with any authority.
deviantART page: http://snidelyone.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnonymousDIDLover

Post by AnonymousDIDLover »

Lol, I didn't mean to start a debate. And to be fair one of the girls was left ungagged.
TheVampirePrincess

AnonymousDIDLover wrote:Lol, I didn't mean to start a debate. And to be fair one of the girls was left ungagged.
you have a point there
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

AnonymousDIDLover wrote:Lol, I didn't mean to start a debate. And to be fair one of the girls was left ungagged.
your fine, not really negative lol.

@SnidleyOne: to be honest its more so american shows that have more GID nowadays IMO because they're trying to move away from women being marked as feeble/weak and because of how sexualized it is compared to male tie-ups. Outside of the US, at least with anime, its still a bit more common in more teenage/adult shows that i've noticed. Suicide checks a lot more newer series than me these days so he'd have a better idea. Back in the day though ending with the 90's, in my opinion again :p , is when DID was far more common and better to XD
De_rekt

Post by De_rekt »

Hey thanks for the shout out, I just joined this forum and I am derekchun from deviantart.
boundy22

Post by boundy22 »

De_rekt wrote:Hey thanks for the shout out, I just joined this forum and I am derekchun from deviantart.
Welcome Derekchun :)

I love your posts about mummification/Tentacles/Cocoon/Wrapping scenes and I hope you post more of it here at this forum and deviantart
TheVampirePrincess

Truthseeker wrote:
your fine, not really negative lol.

@SnidleyOne: to be honest its more so american shows that have more GID nowadays IMO because they're trying to move away from women being marked as feeble/weak and because of how sexualized it is compared to male tie-ups. Outside of the US, at least with anime, its still a bit more common in more teenage/adult shows that i've noticed. Suicide checks a lot more newer series than me these days so he'd have a better idea. Back in the day though ending with the 90's, in my opinion again :p , is when DID was far more common and better to XD
A lot of anime seems to have a crapton of GID in it, especially those in which the protagonist is danger-prone.