THEMES FOR 2018

Theme Month suggestions/ references etc.

Moderator: Suicide

Suicide

THEMES FOR 2018

Post by Suicide »

I have broken down this years themes into BASIC settings for each month. So all the DiD has to do is match the setting that's presented. Please keep the characters in setting they belong. I would rather not have OC's in Western garb for Western month or something like that. But if there is a series that's not normally set in a western but had an episode (IE Wonder Woman in the Old West episodes in JLU) then that's fine. LETS GO

JANUARY - WESTERN
Western girls setting means cowgirls, Indian girls, bar maids etc. Plenty of cartoons and versions of these characters to fill the month. Also not hard to come up with scenarios.

FEBRUARY - NOIR/CRIME
The old Black and White detective stories of our time. A femme fatale, a damsel in distress or a kidnapped reporter or secretary fits this setting.

MARCH - ATOMIC AGE
That cool atomic ranch style where atomic power has taken over the progress of technology and everything looks like it's in the 50's but with flying cars.

APRIL - HIGH SCHOOL
High school girls are pretty much in all forms of media. Be it American or the TONS AND TONS of anime any girl that fits the high school setting fits here.

MAY - SCI FI
Any setting that has a science fiction feel so that's Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Battlestar or anything that fits that doesn't have 'star' in the title.

JUNE - PIRATES
Scurvy dogs and curvy damsels. Bound and kidnapped and held for ransom by groups of evil bearded sailors. Lots of opportunities here.

JULY - NINJAS
Pirates had their turn so it's on to Ninjas. Kunoichi captured by evil Emperors or roaming bandits or female samurai wrapped up by some ninja villains. Feudal stuff all works here.

AUGUST - STEAM PUNK
A steam powered victorian era. You've all seen this style of work out there. There's books and movies and comics all over the place that takes advantage of the gears and goggles look.

SEPTEMBER - JUNGLE
Jungle babes and explorer women caught in savage time situations and lingering death traps or nefarious tribal warfare and a fair bit of hungry animals.

OCTOBER - HORROR
Horror based comics cartoons and games are pretty ripe for some DiD here and there. Let's make that happen this month since it's Halloween time!

NOVEMBER - WAR
Any lady fighting on the front lines or helping from behind the lines. Any war time situation works, and any war setting is permitted.

DECEMBER - FANTASY
Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Drow, anything from D&D fits in here be they would be adventurers or captured princesses in dungeons.

Also this year I will be pulling double duty. I WILL post every month for each of these but I will also be doing an entry for last years months on each month. Or I'll just post something from one of the month themes in 2017 at random when they're done so more art from me. So yay. I'll also be trying to share this kinda thing to other people on DA to get more people to participate and the only way I can guarantee that is to participate myself.

PS. Thanks to everyone who keeps posting month to month.
patrickxtrem

Re: THEMES FOR 2018

Post by patrickxtrem »

Thanks, Suicide. I knew one of my ideas would finally be a theme. Mine is the Crime/Noir one, as I like those type of stories.
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

Pirates & Ninjas FTW.
Yami

Post by Yami »

I do have one question for these catagories. Would OC's also count as long as they fit each month's theme?
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

No OC's are not the focus of the Theme Month. It should be characters from existing media.
Gustorak

Post by Gustorak »

I'm not happy Suicide with the time we have for the january theme month. You give us the theme, one of my favorite, one week after the month start. Worst is because of thas i will be only able to post at the end of the month like 30. when if i knee sooner i will be able to post lot of great werstern work and give action to board. Now i will bearly able to make 1 or 2 and the month will be finish. Plus you have 2 month who all ready be theme month before. You waste a good theme month. Why did we have the january month and only january at the beganning of Décember. I was waiting for 3 year for theme come back and you place to soon in the year and tell us to late.
Here my Deviant:
http://gustorak.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Gustorak wrote:I'm not happy Suicide with the time we have for the january theme month. You give us the theme, one of my favorite, one week after the month start. Worst is because of thas i will be only able to post at the end of the month like 30. when if i knee sooner i will be able to post lot of great werstern work and give action to board. Now i will bearly able to make 1 or 2 and the month will be finish. Plus you have 2 month who all ready be theme month before. You waste a good theme month. Why did we have the january month and only january at the beganning of Décember. I was waiting for 3 year for theme come back and you place to soon in the year and tell us to late.
Sorry that I didn't cater to your very specific needs. You can take your entitled attitude and shove it up your ass. :P
Gustorak

Post by Gustorak »

Suicide wrote:
Gustorak wrote:I'm not happy Suicide with the time we have for the january theme month. You give us the theme, one of my favorite, one week after the month start. Worst is because of thas i will be only able to post at the end of the month like 30. when if i knee sooner i will be able to post lot of great werstern work and give action to board. Now i will bearly able to make 1 or 2 and the month will be finish. Plus you have 2 month who all ready be theme month before. You waste a good theme month. Why did we have the january month and only january at the beganning of Décember. I was waiting for 3 year for theme come back and you place to soon in the year and tell us to late.
Sorry that I didn't cater to your very specific needs. You can take your entitled attitude and shove it up your ass. :P

Your are really mature with this kind of answer when some give a point to help. Suicide Your the one who shove it up to your ... And i'm polite. If you don't care of the site juste close it.
Here my Deviant:
http://gustorak.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Let's break this down shall we?
I'M not happy Suicide with the time we have for the january theme month. You give us the theme, one of MY favorite, one week after the month start. Worst is because of thas I WILL BE only able to post at the end of the month like 30. WHEN IF I knee sooner I WILL BE ABLE to post lot of great werstern work and give action to board. NOW I WILL bearly able to make 1 or 2 and the month will be finish. Plus you have 2 month who all ready be theme month before. You waste a good theme month. Why did we have the january month and only january at the beganning of Décember. I WAS WAITING for 3 year for theme come back and you place to soon in the year and tell us to late.
NOTHING about what you said has to do with the "The Board." It's about YOU. You're being an entitled little child about some DiD art on a fan forum because it was announced on the EIGHTH DAY OF THE MONTH. You're bitching about 3 weeks notice? No one asks you to draw a damn thing. It's suppose to be for fun and you get all uppity about how doing it a week into the month hurts YOU personally? I don't have patience for selfish garbage like this. Take that and shove it.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

I am curious about next month's atomic age theme, it sounds like late golden age/early silver age comic book minutia although I would imagine old campy B-movies would fit under this. I wonder how many people here are familiar with such motion pictures? I wish I could draw, I like 50s minutia, instead I'll drop a playlist for some atomic age movies (and a piece of music) if anybody wants inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gtQqpdjWcy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHRbgZctdM
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I'm excited for that one too because it's one of my favorite settings!
Torpedo184

Post by Torpedo184 »

Hoo boy! Have I got some horror tales in the editing box! October is gonna be a fun month on the DPL :D
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

On the off chance anyone wants any ideas for fantasy month, Creative Assembly is releasing a Vampire Coast race pack for Total War: Warhammer 2 which will include freeloadable content. If rumors are true it will be a fourth dark elf legendary lord. What this has to do with the topic is dark elves have nice slave outfits: https://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki ... _Slave.png

It could give you guys more views on Deviant Art! Just thought I'd help.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!