The Great DiD Hunt continued

Alerts on upcoming DiD scenes in television shows and movies.

Moderator: Suicide

ghostz

Re: The Great DiD Hunt continued

Post by ghostz »

first of all thanks patrickxtrem for posting the scene... don't know how you managed to download the ep, but great work doing it :)
and the scenes we know so far beside the airplane one: ep 1, ep 5, ep 16, and an unknown ep
Image Image
Image Image Image

also if anyone can post that old woman scene, or other tie-ups that were found. Just to sum up all the DID scenes from this show.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

This series aint no dud for me!
cicisaur

Post by cicisaur »

Years ago i have see another scene with the blonde girl B&G, in the first episode i think...
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

well i don't know how i missed this scene in the first place, but you are100% right
OTN gag and even a great one. This shows us that we have to check every single episode because some screen shots don't show every DID scenario.
Image Image

this series can be gold mine: so far 4 gag scenes, 3 tie-ups, 1 shackle, 1 gag scene of all the kangoos. And we checked like 20 eps :D
erikson

Post by erikson »

great scenes! anybody posting the rest of them???
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

well i managed to download only the eps that i mentioned above, but the series have to have more DID scenes. Just as a comparison, the 52 epsiodes series of Pincess Scheherazade (totally different story than this series) had: 2 gag scenes, 3 cage scenes, 1 mummified scene, 1 rolled up carpet scene, 4 tie-ups, 1 tentacle scene and 1 shackle scene.
And here in like 20 eps we already have 4 gag scenes (if somebody could post the old woman scene), 3 tie-ups, 1 shackle.
So from my opion this series is pretty good in DID material, given the fact that we just searched 1/3 of the full series and also the whole remaining series of Kangoo Juniors that have 104 episodes http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangoo_Juniors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scarface

Post by scarface »

Thanks a lot. I guess if you check over 60 episodes you get tired of skipping. So I missed that. All in all it's not a bad show from a DID perspective.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

so do you have the scene with the old woman? can you post a screen cap of her
scarface

Post by scarface »

No unfortunately not. I just capped what I could before I had to go to bed. But It was not really satisfying at all and very short. Maybe someone else made an account aswell and will find it.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

anyway here is the edited clip to ep 1 in French> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMAz2xH8Nfs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the first 4 eps from Kangoo Juniors http://tvunderground.org.ru/index.php?s ... &sid=27454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also this is the link on that russian site, to the airplane scene http://www.telepanorama.com/media/71478 ... svoj-sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SCARFACE is this the old woman http://imgur.com/fcPM9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
scarface

Post by scarface »

Yes, that's her.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Took the words right outta my mouth.
You gotta stop taking shit so seriously man. Take a fucking chill pill and stop making 30 paragraph rants whenever something tweaks your short fuse.

You found links to something I've been looking for for quite some time and even uncovered some great tie ups with the help of the people here and this post. I'm saying stop being so defeatist about these things when we have new stuff to share regardless of the quality. As stated before, it gets on my nerves. I'm not mad at you, man, or trying to demean your opinion but JEEEEZ not everything has to be fucking gold.
I read this and your PM and I'm glad you reached out to apologize and explain where you were coming from. I'm sorry for what I said and making this personal with you, but let me explain why I got so mad in the first place and where I was coming from.

When you leave a seemingly-snarky comment like your initial one that was aimed at me without so much as a simple "thank you" or "hey, nice find man" for even pointing the way to these scenes, yeah, that's gonna irritate me. I think anyone would be irritated by that, wouldn't they? I realize now that you didn't intend it that way but that's how it came across to me initially. And part of my reaction was because it wasn't the first time you've made a comment exactly like that telling me to "stop whining." This has happened at least once before and I didn't appreciate it then either, at least not in the way you said it. I don't mind if you have a difference of opinion and you think all shows and scenes are equally great and we should just be thrilled with whatever crumbs of DiD come to us from these shows. But I don't feel the same way and I don't think it's a crime to express one's disappointment with what a show or scene produces for DiD. But if you had simply expressed your opinion in a nicer manner, such as "Well, I actually thought the DiD in this show was pretty good!" or something like that, then I don't think I'd even be typing this right now, because I wouldn't have gone off like that if that was the case.

The whole point I was trying to make was just that for myself and scarface and probably others too, this cartoon seemed like a huge letdown, at least after the initial check. Try to consider though that you come at things from a different perspective than I and some others do because you are into tie-ups as well as gags, whereas gag scenes are really the only thing that floats my boat. So yeah, obviously the show seemed to produce better for you than it did for me because you already knew that you got several tie-up scenes out of it in addition to 3 gag scenes. But for me it hadn't produced very much of what I wanted to see compared to what I strongly thought it might, so yeah, I was bummed. Remember though that when I made those comments, the 2nd gag scene for Tiffany had not been found yet, and that obviously makes things a bit better with this cartoon, at least for me. Even a single additional gag scene like that can make a big difference in my mind. In fairness though, respecting others' DiD preferences is a two-way street, so I should've been more considerate of tie-up fans like yourself and not dismissed it as an "epic fail," when for you guys it wasn't. Only 2 good gag scenes out of 65 episodes was what I specifically meant when I called it an "epic fail" to me, not the total DiD output of the show, which to me is basically irrelevant. But I didn't clarify that was what I meant, and that was part of my mistake.

As far as my complaining, it's not that I don't appreciate the scenes that we do get out of any show, but what's wrong with myself or others expressing a little longing for what might have been? That's really all I mean when I say things like "epic fail" in regards to a show's DiD production. I know that these shows don't "owe us" anything. What's there is there and there's nothing we can do about it. Sure, we have no choice but to accept what's there and deal with it. But I don't think that means we can't lament flaws or missed opportunities sometimes. I've seen you do that yourself now and then. If I say such things it doesn't mean I hate the show or don't appreciate what scenes it did produce, it's just more like wishful thinking really. I'll admit I am basically a glass-half-full, pessimistic kind of guy, so I don't always express that "wishful thinking" or longing for more/better scenes in the gentlest way, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the scenes that do exist. I don't think it makes us greedy as DiD fans to always be wanting more and better DiD scenes, does it? After all, isn't that the entire reason we pursue new undiscovered shows all the time, to keep feeding our insatiable desire for DiD scenes? If we were satisfied with the scenes we already knew, then we'd never look for more. Clearly that is not the case or we wouldn't all be discussing this stuff in this topic!

The reason I found Kangoo such a disappointment was because it seemed like it had potential to be "one of the great ones," and the reality didn't match the dream. It was just one of those rare cartoons that seemed to have the perfect storm of DiD ingredients: two viable candidates for damsel duty, the right kind of action/adventure themes and storylines, and most importantly, 65 episodes for DiD scenes to occur. Seemed tailor-made for DiD in a buttload of episodes. Unfortunately with the relatively small number of scenes it produced for that many episodes, compared to other cartoons which have delivered more scenes with far less episodes, this felt like it just fell way short of its potential. Compare it to something like Nighthood for example. That delivered what, like 7 gag scenes and several tie-ups in 26 episodes? So it gave us far more with far less opportunity than Kangoo. I realize that is an extremely rare case, and you can't expect that kind of production out of most shows, but it's hard not to get one's hopes up now and again over certain shows like this. So that's why I expressed frustration. But it's not like I have the same expectations for every show to be a goldmine. For example, I've already said that I don't have very high hopes for Bandolero anymore, and in fact it wouldn't surprise me if that had very little DiD or was a complete bust. I'd love to be wrong about that, but it won't be as much of a disappointment as Kangoo if it doesn't deliver the goods, because I didn't expect much out of it in the first place. It's all about what expectations you have for a show, and those are going to be different for every person, depending on what they hope to see. So what some might see as a successful show DiD-wise, others may not see as so great. Such was the case with Kangoo.

In summary, just try to be more considerate of other people's opinions and be more careful of how you say things when you want to disagree and we'll be cool. I'll try to not be as negative in my comments on things anymore as well. Now let's put this matter to rest and get back to the real business of this topic because this is really too insignificant of a thing to fight about when there are still so many shows that must be hunted.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Just wanted to say great find on that other Tiffany gag scene from Kangoo. Maybe this cartoon has more than we thought it had...
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I think from my point of view its just that I've search through 50 billion different cartoons that have produced exactly ZERO content for DiD. Even with main female protagonists and side characters. Even with set ups that are ripe for April O'Neil like situations. And still they produce nothing. So to be expediently pessimistic towards a show that produces this many scenes (including 3 gag scenes), after people worked hard to uncover them, was harsh.

My reply wasn't so much that you had that opinion toward it. It's that this opinion has been expressed in nearly every post that I can think of. Hell we've all expressed disappoint with a series or scene from time to time. I just DID that with the Anti-Alert Korra post I made. But I think the snark in my comment came from frustration that this is always the case in your comments when new scenes are found. The negativity is blindingly more apparent than the positivity or (in some cases) even the "thanks" given to people for finding them. So if my comment came off as an attack or snarky, that is the reason why, I was frustrated with the pattern. And for that I apologize.

Now that that's out of the way I actually found another DiD for Tiffany in episode 48. I was looking intently online for any left over files and it lead me to a long dead page on the French Download site DownParadise (the site is still around but this page is long gone). The download or at least the link to it was still catalogued in google luckily and i was able to grab the scene. (sadly I'm at work atm I'll share the dl as soon as I can if anyone is interested). The scene has Tiff chairtied (no gag) by a phantom of the opera type villain. In the later seasons it seems like things are better animated as well which is nice.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

yep i'm interested in it, she is a character that "DID" always surrounds her, reminds me a bit of Daphne Blake. I mean come on, a gag and a tie-up from the first ep, how often is that occurring in cartoons or animes. She is like the only "object" that the bad guys can use against the Kangoo's in various situations.