2020 is almost over

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

SeanRulez54

2020 is almost over

Post by SeanRulez54 »

the horrible year of 2020 is almost over. Just 31 days left and we can start looking forward to 2021. Anyone else glad that this year is almost over?
didlove

Re: 2020 is almost over

Post by didlove »

Same, I can wait for this year to be done.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Even if 2020 is over, Covid-19 will still continue to thrive, until the vaccines are distributed.
With all the "no mask" bullshit, I hope there's also no "anti-vaccine" movement from people refusing to take the vaccines.
erikson

Post by erikson »

Daikinbakuju wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:06 pm Even if 2020 is over, Covid-19 will still continue to thrive, until the vaccines are distributed.
With all the "no mask" bullshit, I hope there's also no "anti-vaccine" movement from people refusing to take the vaccines.
Sorry to tell you, there already is. As far as the US goes most of the right have turned anti-vaxxer. :S
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

And since Covid has only a 5% mortality rate and most of the right thinks it's a hoax (horror stories from doctors are going around that republicans think they are dying of something else that's less contagious) do not expect this country to change much when it's over. It turns out you can politicize plague. :( I got it in April, brain fog for months on end is not fun. 19/20 survive and the right wing will forget about it the instant the left stops talking about it or just call precautions background noise because for the ones that acknowledge it exists they won't see it more than the flu. This is why you can't sit out elections anymore, it's dangerous to not vote left wing now. The only reason Biden won Georgia was because covid killed just enough Trump supporters.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

Imagine voting for Joe Biden! XD

Trump 2024, baby! MAGA!
"Like they say, the chick's in the mail!"
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

Mailbagfan, if you don't mind me asking, what is the appeal to Trump to you? Did he deliver any promises he made back in 2016? I'll avoid judgment, if it's one thing you learn over the years it's that laughing at people does nothing productive. I'll extend to you an olive branch and chance to explain why.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

And since Covid has only a 5%
I assume you got this from the highest mortality rate at the moment which is Iran with 4.9%. The US mortality rate is 1.9% and dropping every month so that's not accurate.
and most of the right thinks it's a hoax
Citation?
It turns out you can politicize plague.
Yeah turns out you can with city leaders using it to close down local businesses in favor of larger more tax-effective business.
This is why you can't sit out elections anymore, it's dangerous to not vote left wing now.
Complete fear-mongering bullshit.