April's Kicking Ass.

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

patrickxtrem

April's Kicking Ass.

Post by patrickxtrem »

youtu.be/uu757pa7q6s

Well this is happening!!! Twice!!!
Zorro

Re: April's Kicking Ass.

Post by Zorro »

That may be the best 3D April sprite I have ever seen. And it is good to see her getting so much love lately.
Chris

Post by Chris »

You can also play as her in the TMNT arcade remake game too>
erikson

Post by erikson »

It's about time!
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

One question I was asking is why didn't they use her 2012 version since that one can use martial arts and alien powers? Plus, the original series is still owned by another company and isn't on Paramount + or Hulu.
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

patrickxtrem wrote: August 30th, 2021, 2:36 am One question I was asking is why didn't they use her 2012 version since that one can use martial arts and alien powers? Plus, the original series is still owned by another company and isn't on Paramount + or Hulu.
Because the 1987 animated version of April (and the Ninja Turtles for that matter) are among the most well known to the mainstream. Plus, folks who were kids then are in their 30's now and considered more likely to be both nostalgic and have disposable income.

CBS/Viacom owns the original cartoon (at least since 1990-1991 when the show left broadcast syndication and officially joined their Saturday morning line-up) so I think that means it is on Paramount+. To be honest, aside for a few exceptions, most of the characters for the game seem to be either SpongeBob or TMNT.