DiD dry spell

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

GothicSimmer

Re: DiD dry spell

Post by GothicSimmer »

I think the decline of DiD scenes in recent media could be contributed to more and more works pushing in female characters with action roles possibly to move away from the trend of female characters being portrayed as damsels in distress. Even my project tries to avoid this with its female characters not being "damsels" although Ryan and Jennifer still take the damsel role, and there will still be some DiD/CiD scenes including with the main character.
DrProton

Re: DiD dry spell

Post by DrProton »

GothicSimmer wrote: September 13th, 2021, 9:08 pm I think the decline of DiD scenes in recent media could be contributed to more and more works pushing in female characters with action roles possibly to move away from the trend of female characters being portrayed as damsels in distress. Even my project tries to avoid this with its female characters not being "damsels" although Ryan and Jennifer still take the damsel role, and there will still be some DiD/CiD scenes including with the main character.
As I said before, it's not like sassy action girls can't get the treatment. Hell, when it happens it's even hotter to me than regular Princess Peach-like damsels, for reasons I and RySenkari already explained.