C.L.Y.D.E. (1991 cartoon)

Alerts on upcoming DiD scenes in television shows and movies.

Moderator: Suicide

uhu

C.L.Y.D.E. (1991 cartoon)

Post by uhu »

Vintage alert, C.L.Y.D.E. was a French-Canadian cartoon released in 1990 (but strangely production year is 1991 :P ). The subject is a bit unusual : an ET who was living on a planet where everyone looks like a square box gets exiled into space because he had a sens of humour in a society which did not tolerate individualism.
He crashes on earth, damaged&unable to speak. 2 kids (brother and sister) build him into a jukebox, & once plugged, he comes back alive and has the ability to send anyone into the cyberverse.
Every episode involves one or both of the kids being sent in cyberspace to fight computer viruses, which are always the same 4 individuals, while in the real world they are sometimes confronted by a cop who tries to locate the Alien (he of course does not know he is now a Jukebox).
I remember of one episode where the girl gets tied up by the cop, and I discovered that there is a small preview of the scene in the canadian opening (see below). I think the boy gets also captured in another ep, but I don't know if there was more (have not seen every ep).
So far, only the first 2 episodes made it on youtube, but sadly none with scenes.
Last edited by uhu on December 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suicide

Re: C.L.Y.D.E. (1991 cartoon)

Post by Suicide »

Wow, this one seems to be very hard to find. Info is very limited but I'll be using my tape trading connections to see if I can find anything about this one. Seems VERY rare though. Might be a Dog Tracer situation.
uhu

Re: C.L.Y.D.E. (1991 cartoon)

Post by uhu »

I think the Dog tracer comparison is valid. But for Dog Tracer, there was at least a partial VHS release (6 episodes). However as Dog Tracer flopped, it never went further than that and the 2 VHS are impossible to find.
For C.L.Y.D.E. there was not even a VHS release. And this show really bombed : it was initially aired on the free tv during the most popular Kids tv show ever, and it landed on a Kids cable pay tv channel just a few months later, where I discovered it. I think it has not been re-aired since 1995.
http://www.planete-jeunesse.com/fiche-1765-clyde.html