Why there aren't that many blindfold scenes in animation

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

SeanRulez54

Why there aren't that many blindfold scenes in animation

Post by SeanRulez54 »

I finally understand why there aren't that many blindfold scenes in cartoons and anime. The eyes are the most expressive in an animated program. If they're covered, we can't tell what the character's emotion is. That's why in DiD scenes, they favor gags more than blindfolds so that the eyes are more present when the mouth is covered, so it's to show off emotion.

And even when a blindfold is used, it's used briefly for a surprise, training, games, being led to a secret location, or other things. So many cartoons and anime either use blindfolds every so often, only use them once, or not at all.

And there are many cartoons, anime, and animated movies who don't use blindfolds. But there are many cartoons that use blindfolds every so often: like Trollstopia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Simpsons. So I hope future animated programs will be like the ones listed above, and give me tons of blindfold scenes. But not too many. Like maybe 5 or 6.
DrProton

Re: Why there aren't that many blindfold scenes in animation

Post by DrProton »

Your analysis makes sense. Personally, I love seeing the gagged damsel's eyes emoting, so I really don't like blindfolds. I am okay with it being sparse, but I understand you might disagree.
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

DrProton wrote: January 25th, 2023, 11:15 am Your analysis makes sense. Personally, I love seeing the gagged damsel's eyes emoting, so I really don't like blindfolds. I am okay with it being sparse, but I understand you might disagree.
Nah it's fine. I too enjoy gagged damsels as well.
yetie

Post by yetie »

3 minutes after reading this post i found this.
I think the opposite. When i check series and comics i often find blindfolds more than i find gags, yes i admit the numbers is low compared to tie ups but i stil find them more than gags.
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

yetie wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:14 pm 3 minutes after reading this post i found this.
I think the opposite. When i check series and comics i often find blindfolds more than i find gags, yes i admit the numbers is low compared to tie ups but i stil find them more than gags.
Interesting. Which episode of Polly Pocket is this from?
yetie

Post by yetie »

SeanRulez54 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 1:50 pm
yetie wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:14 pm 3 minutes after reading this post i found this.
Season 4 ep 8: Journée père-fille
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

yetie wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:32 pm
SeanRulez54 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 1:50 pm
Season 4 ep 8: Journée père-fille
Thanks. I tried getting the episode to work, but it wouldn’t play. Do you have an alternative site?
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

I think it’s a matter of opinion. I too think eyes are expressive. I love gags but hate blindfolds because if both the mouth and eyes are covered, all that’s left is the nose which is the least expressive. However, I would argue that females who wear lipstick are less likely to be gagged in modern animation. Wouldn’t it be easier to not animate the lips at all by covering them?