TMNT season 10 and Jumanji cartoon on dvd!

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

somedude37

TMNT season 10 and Jumanji cartoon on dvd!

Post by somedude37 »

Not sure if anybody saw these news bits yet, but there were 2 great bits of news at tvshowsondvd.com in the past few weeks for us cartoon DiD fans.

The first (http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage-Mu ... n-10/16989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is that the final season of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, season 10, is FINALLY coming to dvd soon. And as if getting April's final b&g scene from the last episode on dvd wasn't enough reason to buy this, Lionsgate is actually manning-up and doing the right thing by the fans to include the two missing episodes from the season 5 set, "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids." This is simply awesome news if you're a TMNT fan because now we can actually have this show 100% COMPLETE on dvd. :D COWABUNGA DUDES!!! :lol:

The second great bit of news (http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jumanji-Season-1/17023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) for us DiD fans is that season 1 of the Jumanji animated series is also FINALLY being released to dvd through Warner's MOD program, and it's already availabe to buy at sites like Amazon.com! http://www.amazon.com/JUMANJI-ANIMATED- ... 533&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As with all their MOD releases, unfortunately the price is a bit exorbitant, but it just might be worth it to own one of the great double b&g damsels episodes ever in a cartoon! Yup, I'm talking about the legendary "Perfect Match" episode where Gina the Jungle Queen gives Aunt Nora the full treatment and then Aunt Nora pays her back in kind for revenge! :) That episode should be on this dvd, since episode guides like this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ju ... .931997.29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; have it as #11 of the first season.

So support these cartoons and pick these up if you can afford it, especially with Jumanji so that Warner will decide to offer seasons 2 and 3 as well!
Jazzypants

Re: TMNT season 10 and Jumanji cartoon on dvd!

Post by Jazzypants »

"April's final b&g scene" About the only reason I can think of that I'd buy the DVD. I HATED Season 10 otherwise.

Thanks for the news though, somedude! I am legitimately excited for the DVD of Jumanji S1 so we can see that awesome scene in DVD quality. :D
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

It did have Tony Jay as Lord Dregg. :P That was a plus.
But as an offense in the same note Shredder wasn't played by Uncle Phil in that season if memory serves...
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Well I'm not the biggest fan of the last 3 seasons either. The darker art style and tone of seasons 8-10 almost made Turtles seem like a completely different show from what it had been for the first 7 seasons. I only watched it occasionally during those last few years because of the changes. Personally, I would rather they had just continued along with the more fun look and feel of the prior seasons, or made these later seasons into their own show with a different name. But, it's still Turtles, and at least we got one more April gag scene out of it. :)

Having those other 2 missing episodes from season 5 included on the dvd is a real nice bonus though, since it didn't look like there was much chance of that happening. I'm glad Lionsgate responded to the fans and went the extra mile to include those eps. It's rare that a company will do that with an old cartoon release on dvd, so props to them for not leaving us hanging without the missing episodes. By the way, I don't know if you guys remember this, but "Planet of the Turtleoids" was actually a 2-part episode that originally aired one night in primetime as an hour-long special. I remember watching that with my best friend at my house during its first airing. What was really cool was that I could swear we were playing with some new TMNT action figures that my mom had just bought for us that day or the day before, including Groundchuck, Dirtbag, and that fat sumo guy (forget his name). Then we watch that special that night and some of those characters appear in the cartoon for the first time! I'm pretty sure I remember Groundchuck and Dirtbag making an appearance in the special, and maybe even the sumo dude. Good times, good times. 8)
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Groundchuck and Dirtbag were indeed in Planet of the Turtloids as well as Chrome Dome! April spent pretty much that entire movie as a captured damsel. Too bad her bindings were comprised of that big clunky techno-donut thing.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Oh wow, Chrome Dome too!? Awesome! Forgot about him but yeah, that rings a bell now! Actually, wasn't Planet of the Turtleoids the only appearance of some of those characters? I don't recall ever seeing Groundchuck and Dirtbag again in the series anyway. Completely forgot about April being a DiD in that one, but yeah, too bad it wasn't a more conventional tie-up for her. The only other thing I vaguely recall about this one was that it also involved some mobster and his gang and some foolishness about stolen cufflinks? I don't think it was Don Turtelli though, but that other guy, what was his name, Big Vinnie or something like that? It's been probably over 20 years since I saw this one though so I could be getting it mixed up with another episode.