Why do most shared tie up scenes show only females?

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

GothicSimmer

Why do most shared tie up scenes show only females?

Post by GothicSimmer »

Something I noticed is when anyone shares a tie up or capture scene, it's mostly the female characters who are shown bound and gagged, but I rarely see scenes where male characters are tied up except in a few cases where he's tied up with a female character.

Some examples are the DeviantArt galleries of lazercorgi, MisterChivalrous, ValidSigma, KayJay333 and Movi-Viento as well as the website ScreenTies and YouTube channels like DemntoX 555.

I have to wonder if it's because the people who are sharing the scenes are into DiD exclusively which may be the reason why none of the scenes they share have males tied up although some scenes shared by Tri3Vid do show males tied with females. My other guess for a lack of male tie up scenes is that many works seldom have male characters tied up, not even held hostage, ransomed, or put in perils like bomb, tied to the tracks, or cement.

I know a lot of people here are into DiD as evident by threads showing DiD scenes, but it does puzzle me why male tie up scenes aren't common (both here and other sites). Is the damsel in distress trope is more prominent than the dude in distress or distressed dude?
Last edited by GothicSimmer on November 12th, 2023, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrProton

Re: Why do most shared tie up scenes show only females?

Post by DrProton »

My guess is that the female gender has been subjected to discrimination, domination and abuse for millennia, and in general has always been seen as the "weak gender". Things have only begun to change in the last 50 years.
hollowalex

Post by hollowalex »

It always seemed to me that in the first place it depends on the orientation of the person, only then other factors. I saw quite a few people posting GIDs on deviantart, and I came across channels and playlists on YouTube by accident,which suggests that there is enough of this, and not just DID.
And yes, thanks for the channel DemntoX 555, added to my bookmarks. :D
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

I think this is just another subjective topic. I recall scenes where males get tied up and gagged without a single female tied up or gagged like Justice League: Doom. Or scenes with a male and a female in distress except the male gets a full/better treatment like the babysitter episode of the simpsons season 1 or cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2. I hate how one of my least favorite damsels, Ryoko from the Tenchi franchise, is one of the few characters in all of the mainstream media that officially got one of my all time favorite distresses, mummified from the nose down. But you don't see me making a new thread every time my soup is lukewarm. I think we all have gotten too entitled. Go outside.
sawxd

Post by sawxd »

1.Because they like DID and not GID ... like there are people who likes GID and only post GID nothing of other world.
2.Actually is a Myth that there is more DID scenes than GID scenes ... is pretty balanced and i think there are more GID scenes in general across the ages , there is not a big imposition of "Distress" situations for males or females ... actually this years media avoid to put females in this situations because feminism movement look in the new super mario movie we are not having Peach as damsel in distress his crucial role for almost 40 years because feminis ... Luigi is now the damsel in distress LAME
3.Yes this is a DID thread one of the reasons i leave this forum is because GID fans come here a DID place (well now is not a DID place) don´t why to try to use the place for GID ... damn create your group or space then well in the end is not my forum so i decide to create mine with just DID.

In Conclusion ... people like what they like don´t force to like or post thing they don´t want or go to spaces about one thing but not about another to break that , don´t go to a DID place and put GID or ask why is not here that thing ... is like going to a soccer match and scream why they don´t play basketball.
DrProton wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:14 pm My guess is that the female gender has been subjected to discrimination, domination and abuse for millennia, and in general has always been seen as the "weak gender". Things have only begun to change in the last 50 years.
Distress situations are not about gender is more about story , even damsel in distress is a importan role and about "weak gender" well dunno what do you refer ... usually in media it was the only place where you can see strong woman despite the sexism of other decades ... a lot of movies with heroine from 40´s to this days ... so dunno what are you talking about
I put my screenpics way before in my DA Account : https://www.deviantart.com/sawxd
GothicSimmer

Post by GothicSimmer »

sawxd wrote: March 6th, 2023, 10:34 pm 1.Because they like DID and not GID ... like there are people who likes GID and only post GID nothing of other world.
That most likely explains it. My guess is that the people sharing the scenes are into DiD and not GiD which may explain why it's common to see tied/captured scenes exclusively feature female characters.
sawxd wrote: March 6th, 2023, 10:34 pm 2.Actually is a Myth that there is more DID scenes than GID scenes ... is pretty balanced and i think there are more GID scenes in general across the ages , there is not a big imposition of "Distress" situations for males or females ... actually this years media avoid to put females in this situations because feminism movement look in the new super mario movie we are not having Peach as damsel in distress his crucial role for almost 40 years because feminis ... Luigi is now the damsel in distress LAME
I've seen people mentioning DiD scenes aren't as common in new media probably due to pushing in action girls or something. Even I'm doing a similar thing where I try to avoid having my female characters be the stereotypical damsel in distress that many DeviantArt users tend to portray them as including police officers, guards, superheroines, and action characters. The only female character from me who is a damsel in distress is Jennifer Couture while Ryan also takes on the damsel in distress role. In actuality, I wanted to be different since most stories especially "girl detective/reporter" stories often have females get tied up while males are seldom tied. Even most "bondage" games from DA users pay more attention to female characters over male characters largely due to most creators being into DiD.
sawxd wrote: March 6th, 2023, 10:34 pm 3.Yes this is a DID thread one of the reasons i leave this forum is because GID fans come here a DID place (well now is not a DID place) don´t why to try to use the place for GID ... damn create your group or space then well in the end is not my forum so i decide to create mine with just DID.
Western Civilization does have a GiD forum. However, it seems the DiD forums don't have a rule that the DiD content must only show women, so males could be shown alongside women. As I mentioned, the scenes Tri3Vid shared usually only female characters although it also shows scenes where males are tied up alongside women. The Animated Damsel Wiki likewise covers DiD scenes and doesn't allow scenes where males are tied up, but scenes that have both males and females are allowed.

From http://www.rosiero.com/wiki/Help:Content_Policy
The wiki is named for damsels. That is to say, at least one character in distress must present as female.
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

Given that I do like DiD and CiD. Given in a carton like Inspector Gadget and it's spinoffs we do get some female characters get the full treatment than just Penny. Two of my fav Gadget segments was in "Bye, Bye Business" from Gadget and the Gadgetinis, and the rich people getting robbed in the original series second season. Given that both scenes are funny, with the Gadgetinis one being the most funniest with Gadget not knowing that the two people are bound and gagged, even in one scene the female captive is pissed at Gadget's idiocy.