Cancelled Cartoon Constant Payne

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

ShibaKita

Cancelled Cartoon Constant Payne

Post by ShibaKita »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7fR6gLQ2C8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This...could of had so much DID in it but it was not showed because they think the ending represented 9/11 :O
sleepycomics

Re: Cancelled Cartoon Constant Payne

Post by sleepycomics »

Wow, you're right! This show had so much potential.

But the cynic in me says that had this show aired, we probably would have only gotten 1 or 2 scenes anyway. Modern day shows can't portray girls as helpless in anyway, and that girl looked like she could kick everyone's butt.

They should produce this show in Europe.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Wow, what a cutie! Damn shame this show wasn't produced. Like sleepy said though, the female character as frequent damsel-in-distress archetype that used to exist in cartoons is basically dead now. We might have gotten a couple of scenes for her if we were lucky, but it's hard to expect more than that nowadays
from modern cartoons. You're more likely to see DiD scenes spread out over multiple characters rather than just one main character like Daphne or April O'Neil.
Heck, even Daphne and April rarely play the DiD role anymore. ;_;
smbss

Post by smbss »

A ponytail heroin with DID potential and Nickelodeon canceled this....(insert Jim Cornette face)
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Well it wasn't cancelled :P It was never picked up.

I posted an article on this on a blog that I'm working on and actually got a reply from the creator:
http://joustcomics.com/blogs/2010/07/wh ... ant-payne/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems he has every intention of pushing it again when the chance arises. Who knows? After Mysterious Cities of Gold can get a season 2 so many years later I put nothing out of the realm of possibility. ;)
DiD Rulez

Post by DiD Rulez »

Wow, I agree with sleepycomics and somedude37, what a shame the show was never aired :( the girl would have made a very cute Damsel in Distress
http://didrulez.deviantart.com, full of damsels in distress drawings, turtlenecks and socks wearing damsel, oc girls and superheroine. Feel free to check it out :)
scarface

Post by scarface »

Kinda reminds me on the Buffy animated series which also never saw the light of the day. Also with lots of DID potential.
Jazzypants

Post by Jazzypants »

smbss wrote:A ponytail heroin with DID potential and Nickelodeon didn't pick this cartoon up....(insert Jim Cornette face)
Fixed. Also, they allowed TUFF Puppy to air. I'll let that sink in for a second.