Grendizer (Goldrake) Italian comics

Scans from comic books and novels and illustrations.

Moderator: Suicide

DrProton

Grendizer (Goldrake) Italian comics

Post by DrProton »

Back in the 1970s, UFO Robot Grendizer (or, as it's locally here, Goldrake) was such a huge hit here in Italy that they produced a bunch of Italian-made comics featuring all the characters from the anime. By checking out DA, I found out that one of them (#47) had a full DiD of none other than Maria Fleed. These are the only shots I could find, posted by RezerisSalgazar on his DA page.

I asked Rezeris if that's all there is and I'm still waiting for his answer, and scans of these comics are nowhere to be found on the Internet. If this is all there is, well, that may be some of the biggest DiD letdown I had in a while, for such a character it's waaaay too short :(

I wonder if one of these is hiding some full treatment of Hikaru Makiba somewhere.
DrProton

Re: Grendizer (Goldrake) Italian comics

Post by DrProton »

DrProton wrote: September 4th, 2023, 11:21 am Back in the 1970s, UFO Robot Grendizer (or, as it's locally here, Goldrake) was such a huge hit here in Italy that they produced a bunch of Italian-made comics featuring all the characters from the anime. By checking out DA, I found out that one of them (#47) had a full DiD of none other than Maria Fleed. These are the only shots I could find, posted by RezerisSalgazar on his DA page.

I asked Rezeris if that's all there is and I'm still waiting for his answer, and scans of these comics are nowhere to be found on the Internet. If this is all there is, well, that may be some of the biggest DiD letdown I had in a while, for such a character it's waaaay too short :(

I wonder if one of these is hiding some full treatment of Hikaru Makiba somewhere.

EDIT: Rezeris just answered me and yuuuup, these two segments are the whole scene. Fuck!
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

Well, I downloaded all the volumes from eMule, checked them out, and this is the ONLY other DiD scene I could find, Hikaru Makiba/Venusia tied to a tree. And again, this is all the comic shows.

Image.

Well, I guess considering that 1) it's a mecha-anime derivative media, and mecha and its derivative media are a death sentence for DiD 2) the volumes are max 20 pages long each, it's a miracle that there are DiD scenes at all. But still, after the disappointing Maria Fleed scene, I was hoping there would be something else of equal or greater value--but nope! :|

p.s. If an admin stumbles on this thread by chance, could you please fuse together my previous messages and fix the fuckup I made by trying to edit the first post?
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

it's a mecha-anime derivative media, and mecha and its derivative media are a death sentence for DiD
As the local /m/ user, no. There's a lot of mecha DiD scenes in them, I even post them here on a regular basis. But hey, nice find, DrProton. Grendizer kicks ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWbMOJaCmg4
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

Aquarionoid wrote: September 6th, 2023, 5:22 pm
it's a mecha-anime derivative media, and mecha and its derivative media are a death sentence for DiD
As the local /m/ user, no. There's a lot of mecha DiD scenes in them, I even post them here on a regular basis. But hey, nice find, DrProton. Grendizer kicks ass.

Might be my shit luck, because I have watched a lot of mecha anime and barely any of them had any DiD scenes worth mentioning.
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

DrProton wrote: September 6th, 2023, 8:49 pm

Might be my shit luck, because I have watched a lot of mecha anime and barely any of them had any DiD scenes worth mentioning.
There's one other scene that I remember that is in the 100s. I forgot the exact number, but it's another tie up of Haru. As far as I am aware that was the only scene of Maria in the comic.
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

Nephenthal wrote: September 13th, 2023, 3:12 pm
DrProton wrote: September 6th, 2023, 8:49 pm

There's one other scene that I remember that is in the 100s. I forgot the exact number, but it's another tie up of Haru. As far as I am aware that was the only scene of Maria in the comic.
I only found the numbers until in the 70s (don't remember the exact number). I'll check eMule again to see if I can find it.