2024 Expectations

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

SeanRulez54

2024 Expectations

Post by SeanRulez54 »

So we're almost done with 2023 and 2024 is just around the corner. What are your expectations for the new year?

I bet some of you, including me, are hoping for new Damsel is Distress scenes.

Me, I want things to be less chaotic like this year.
Chris

Re: 2024 Expectations

Post by Chris »

I like to see some new DID scenes too

I would also like more good things in the world this year no more wars
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

2023 was probably one of the best years I've ever had for personal reasons. *shrugs* My only hope is that Trump gets charged for stealing above top secret classified papers. Methods of dispelling forever chemicals would also be a huge plus.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

Pokemon Horizon's Liko has damsel in distress written over her so I'd be surprised if she doesn't get some sort of DID scene this year.

The trailer from Final Fantasy Rebirth implied Jessie and Tifa got captured so here's hoping. An avelange bounty poster has their picture crossed out.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Inigo wrote: January 4th, 2024, 9:24 pm Pokemon Horizon's Liko has damsel in distress written over her so I'd be surprised if she doesn't get some sort of DID scene this year.

The trailer from Final Fantasy Rebirth implied Jessie and Tifa got captured so here's hoping. An avelange bounty poster has their picture crossed out.
Haven't seen that trailer for rebirth yet but that would be awesome. I'm hoping they still include the scenes that happened in the original game with Tifa in the chair and then the scene with Yuffie and Elena in Wutai. Those probably won't occur until the next installment though I'm guessing.
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

Aquarionoid wrote: January 4th, 2024, 12:31 am 2023 was probably one of the best years I've ever had for personal reasons. *shrugs* My only hope is that Trump gets charged for stealing above top secret classified papers. Methods of dispelling forever chemicals would also be a huge plus.
And that's another reason I can't stand this site. It can't keep it's mouth shut about politics. And by the way, Trump didn't """steal""" those classified papers. He had the right to use those papers because he was president at the time. But I guess stupid liberals like you believe whatever you want.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

He had the right to use those papers because he was president at the time.
He was not allowed to take them out of their designated locations and only sitting presidents are allowed to have access to them, Trump had them in is private residence at a time he was not the sitting president and the National Archives did confirm that important documents have gone missing. His trial on all of that begins in spring.
wc2bmalin

Post by wc2bmalin »

In contrast, Biden possessed classified documents dating back not only to his vice-presidential years but to his years in the Senate (documents he had no right to possess), kept them in a GARAGE, and the Department of Justice says, "Hey, no big deal."
.sig TBD
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

I agree he should be held accountable. Between that and how badly he fucked over railroad workers (which contributed to the East Palestine and God knows how many other train wrecks because conductors and engineers deserve *gasp* fucking sick leave and safety precautions!) I might not vote for him again come November. If Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, or Tim Scott (fat chance) somehow win the nomination I will switch over and vote the Republicans. I say that as a life long Democrat. With all that being said the extent Trump did his document theft was still a fuckton worse. And he's started echoing Hitler. And we can't forget January 6th. I'm not Jewish, gay, Slavic, or a gypsy, but I have zero trouble stating "Fuck Nazis" as a political stance. If we're stuck with a repeat of 2020's ballot I'll begrudgingly still vote for the old timer again.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

The idea that every president didn't do this prior is preposterous to me. Clinton did the same thing with the docs regarding his investigation and the Republicans tried to get him on it. The Supreme Court said "naw." There's legal precedent here.
yetie

Post by yetie »

My expections for 2024 are: Totaly spies season 7 treatments(i realy hope there wil be some)
There are also a couple of series that i would like to see airing this year (and of course i hope fore treatments in those)

i have to say if i see all this talk of the next election of the USA i am realy glad that i live in the EU.
Dont get me wrong, in a lot of countries the political system got flaws including were i live but when i hear the news about the USA i get nervous because al it takes is one wrong person to start a new world war.
And a lot of people who start wars are people who think they are right, and dont matter how ''good'' they are for the people they present.