SCOTUS nullifies Roe v. Wade

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Aquarionoid

SCOTUS nullifies Roe v. Wade

Post by Aquarionoid »

The US Supreme Court just rolled back precedent that guaranteed rights for the first time in America's history. Abortion rights are now left to the states. Half the country is going to enforce full on bans, including instances of rape, incest, ectopic pregnancies, and miscarriages. Justice Thomas said their looking to do the same for contraception, gay sex, and gay marriage. For any of you dating or have women in your lives that have a medical issue this is going to affect your lives. Expect population spikes and with it crime and food shortages and civil unrest. I avoid getting political here, but this is one of those important moments that needs attention. I have family I will be worrying about because of this. I live close to a high crime area that will be impacted by this in a generation. This is... concerning.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
DrProton

Re: SCOTUS nullifies Roe v. Wade

Post by DrProton »

As an European, I don't even know what the fuck is going on with the US anymore.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Expect population spikes and with it crime and food shortages and civil unrest.
That is the most asinine take I have ever heard in my life.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colorado-sec ... 08470.html

The state of Colorado has decided not to extradite abortion patients after Texas and Arkansas are about to make it a crime to have them in other states. Not an outcome I expected. Yikes.
erikson

Post by erikson »

DrProton wrote: June 25th, 2022, 9:22 am As an European, I don't even know what the fuck is going on with the US anymore.
Look at Germany in the 1930s, I think that will give you a good idea.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

^The difference is Germany wasn't divided into 50 semi-sovereign territories and the one body of rule that tries keeping them consistent can't agree if peanut butter should be creamy or chunky and can shut down the government for five weeks if one side doesn't get at least 98% of what they wanted. Also shitloads of lead poisoning.
erikson

Post by erikson »

Aquarionoid wrote: July 15th, 2022, 6:05 pm ^The difference is Germany wasn't divided into 50 semi-sovereign territories and the one body of rule that tries keeping them consistent can't agree if peanut butter should be creamy or chunky and can shut down the government for five weeks if one side doesn't get at least 98% of what they wanted. Also shitloads of lead poisoning.
Tell that to SCOTUS when there next ruling is that state legislatures that are gerrymandered all to hell have sole authority over election law. We'll be a one party dictatorship. I'm already eyeing my exit.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

A year and a half later and to the shock of nobody the states that implemented abortion restrictions have an increase of rape pregnancies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPhUVUjnd48

The population spike has begun. I have half a mind to start lurking on /x/ so I can shift my consciousness into a sane timeline because this one has gotten fucking awful.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Good to see Iadarola is still as morally bankrupt as he's always been. It's nice to see constants.