Nicki Minaj Arrest

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

yetie

Nicki Minaj Arrest

Post by yetie »

Last night she got arrested in the netherlands.
She filmed parts of it and also says that she was wronged.
As someone who lives in the EU and know some things about The Netherlands i want to explain something.

First she was arrested for drugs, because they fond it in her bags.
And while some drugs are allowed in the netherlands not all of them.
Its also not allowed to cross the border with those drugs in possession.
Second because they found this they control all the bags in her possession as part of the controll.
In the US it might be that goining to the bags cant be allouwed until the owner says so, but in the netherlands if its part of the controll/research it is allowed witout the owner says so.
3, she called for a lawer, but in the Netherlands it does not work like that, the the US it might be that if someone ask you something you dont like you call a lawer but in the Netherlands lawers dont come out that easy, if they found drugs on you at that point and you get put in holding or get a trip to the police station than you get the offer to call a lawer.

I am not saying that she was wrong but she acted like a lot of people who get arrested in the US and then try to get away from it by saying: because he did not follow the rules for it arresting me , i should be allowed to walk