Lara Croft in Shadow Warrior

Video Game characters here.

Moderator: Suicide

Suicide

Lara Croft in Shadow Warrior

Post by Suicide »

Here's an easter egg I didn't know about. Apparently in Shadow Warrior level "Dark Woods of the Serpent" you come across Lara Croft imprisoned chained up and struggling in the lower levels of a dungeon.

A sound byte is included of the character saying "Heheh. She's raided her last tomb!" for a bit of extra fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQiUmY06aDc#t=17m16s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought this was pretty awesome and wanted to share. Enjoy!
ghostz

Re: Lara Croft in Shadow Warrior

Post by ghostz »

nice one, talk about cameos in games :)
scarface

Post by scarface »

This is awesome. The Lara from the first games never seemed like a damsel and playing this game back in the days it would be mindblowing for sure. Who could've though that there will be a Tomb Raider game in 2013 where Lara is in trouble a lot. You would go to a madhouse telling this to someone in the late nineties. :D
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

Theres actually two versions of this cameo.

The first one was a 2d cartoony sprite of her spread eagle bound and possibly gagged but I can't remember. Wether it was from a demo or a pre patched first version etc I have no idea, but eventually this version (using a pretty close to authentic) render/model of Lara was used instead.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Ah it seems you're right Karyu! You can see the demo version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuN8XokUlWI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 33 second mark! Good call!
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

Good stuff!