Velma

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Chris

Velma

Post by Chris »

So what do you think of Velma finally coming out as a Lesbian in Scooby doo Trick or Treat Halloween
DrProton

Re: Velma

Post by DrProton »

Wait, W H A T?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Yep been confirmed in the new Scooby doo animated movie
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

>take female character that had male love interests and maker her gay for no reason other than James Gunn made a joke one time in the first live action movie

Incredibly moronic. And Warner Brothers wonders why they can't make enough money to market any of their movies.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

It's always been a big inside joke for some time. It's not a super big deal but does smack of "the trend" that's been going around in media. I'm more insulted by that Velma trailer on HBOMax. And absolute trash writing.
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

Scooby did a better adult cartoon with the Scoobynatural crossover with Supernatural.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

I'm more insulted by that Velma trailer on HBOMax. And absolute trash writing.
I wonder if it's really that bad. *proceeds to watch the trailer* Aaaaaaaaand Warner Brothers just lost whatever ticket money I was going to give for Black Adam. David Zas had to cut a Scoob holiday movie in favor of a Scooby Doo spin off "meta" "comedy" with the hook being "woo look at us we changed some races". Maybe the folks at /x/ were right and we steered off the correct course for this timeline back in 2016.
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

I'm still pissed about how they killed a pretty good Batgirl movie. I'm not against Alicia Silverstone, but her version of Bargirl is an insult to the comic character.
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

Will all of you chill? The show hasn't aired yet, and you're already complaining about it? Watch the first episode before you make assumptions. That's all I ask.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

SeanRulez54 wrote: October 10th, 2022, 4:06 pmWill all of you chill? The show hasn't aired yet, and you're already complaining about it? Watch the first episode before you make assumptions. That's all I ask.
I didn't judge the series. I judged the trailer. It's out and available to watch. And it's the thing that's suppose to get you excited. Not only am I not excited I have less than no interest or confidence that this show will be anything less than a train wreck of bad "adult" jokes and pointless gore. It could surprise me, but I doubt it.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

^On top of the things Suicide said I'm going to add that Warner Brothers destroyed a bunch of in-production shit, scrubbed a bunch of their animation from their streaming and social media, and just this week layed off 26% of its workforce and rising including ending Cartoon Network. And yet despite *ALL* that this is what got spared. Somehow. The WB last I checked is in a good 17 billion dollars in debt and outside of Aquaman haven't exactly had smashing successes when it comes to movie releases in recent times. So there's a very real chance that if Black Adam does anything less than break even we might see the company outright bankrupt. And what might be the final piece of animated content to come from them in their vast library of historical animation dating back to the 1930s? This. THIS. Fucking thiiiiiiiis. The Looney Tunes, the Merrytime Melodies, the Hanna Barbera canon, the Cartoon Cartoons, the entirety of DC comics adaptions, all of it bookends on.... Shitty meta comedy.
Sailornapper

Post by Sailornapper »

I'll add the fact think shr waz the only female that wanted in Johnny Bravo's pants.

I watched the trailer and all I see is a Kelly Kapoor displaying as Velma.
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

Also, DC Comics also laid off people. For some reason I hate to say this, is I'm getting tired of both Marvel and DC doing events every year for sales. I didn't care for the Beyond storyline in Spider-Man just to do a Knightfall rip-off just for Ben Reily to become Spider-Man again. I would of had Peter retire as Spidey and let Miles take over, as we can't just call them both Spider-Man. I would have wanted Miles take on Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, and other classic Spidey villains.

I wouldn't mind a new Superior Spider-Man that isn't an ego-tripped ass like Otto was.

As for DC Comics and CN. Cartoon Network doesn't care much for the DC characters, as they didn't air JLU when the Justice League movie came out, Didn't air the tenth episode of Harley Quinn, that ended with Joker killing Poison Ivy.

The DC Comics characters are mainly CN family, with most of their shows part of the CN shows.

Sorry I went off topic here, but that was also part of the CN news.

I don't mind an adult twist on Scooby, as we seen it in Scoobynatural and Scooby Apocalypse. I don't care if you turned Velma into a goth girl with an IQ, it's someone's vision of that character. Given what they did in Jellystone by turning some of the iconic male H-B characters into females didn't make sense and making Johnny Quest and Hadji gay was uncalled for. Wouldn't have been easier the create new female characters and brought back some of the ones from the past, than just the whole gender bend thing?

Almost forgot about the Banana Splits when they became killer animatronics for a Five Nights at Freddy's rip-off.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

The trailer was a masterpiece compared to what I have seen in the first 2 eps...
Chris

Post by Chris »

I would rather watch the Scrappy Doo stuff then watch Velma and this is someone who didn't mind Scrappy