A company that sells kidnapping

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Nezz

A company that sells kidnapping

Post by Nezz »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ekers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Admit it. You wish you worked for these people.
My children called me "Daddy". My wife called me "Milien". Now the world will learn to call me... NOX...
cresent34

Re: A company that sells kidnapping

Post by cresent34 »

Sorry, still trying to pick my jaw up off the keyboard. Can't believe anyone would actually pull something like this off, much less find anyone willing to go through with it.
Good Night and Good Luck..

---Edward R. Murrow, See It Now, CBS
---Keith Olbermann, Olbermann, ESPN2
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

These have been around for some time now. I remember a news report years ago on one of those "midnight news" things that cover strange stories and night life fetish stuff.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

What's that old saying? Ah, yes. Well, now I've seen everything.
ARNie

Post by ARNie »

Meh, CSI Miami had a story about a Kidnapping Agency For Thrills episode in their second season.

http://www.aetv.com/csi_miami/csi_episo ... ode=119678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PhantomX

Post by PhantomX »

I'd love to buy videos of their customers
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Funny, I just saw a commercial for this last night:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942995/plotsummary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The trailer showed several scenarios where the contestants were bound and blindfolded at the start of the challenge. Not entirely sure how tightly they were bound but it made the impression that the escape challenges would be real in a non-threatening way. I would imagine that somewhere down the line applying gags to the contestants would add to the challenge factor given the lack of communication.

Sadly for those who are turned off by it every ep will likely have to deal with CiD and GiD as well. Unless they do an all girl's or battle of the sexes episode.
Foxer35

Post by Foxer35 »

On paper it sounds like a dream job.

In practice, every 9 out of 10 buyers will inevitably end up being a bunch of obese, balding, morally bankrupt businessmen looking for something that will help them get it up. Thanks, but no thanks.

I find the full-bore action movie package amusing, though.
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

If that sounds too tame, boat chases and helicopter escapes can be added to the tailor-made experience, and customers kept for longer periods, depending on the budget.
and helicopter escapes can be added
I'm 40 flight hours away from a commercial rating in helicopters. I know where my resume' is going.

GET ON MY LEVEL!
PhantomX wrote:I'd love to buy videos of their customers
Dig middle aged, bald, fat guys? At €1,000 ($1,300) no one else is gonna pay that much for what amounts to fantasy. Anyone attractive would have little trouble getting a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife to do it for them at no cost.
All I'm sayin' is: Give war a chance.