Damsel Age Rules?

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Daikinbakuju

Damsel Age Rules?

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Discord has now applied new restrictions for posting "loli" media, meaning you can't post galleries of DID pictures or videos of characters like Penny Gadget or Sakura Kinomoto.

Two "DID" channels I go to on Discord has forbidden media of such characters or such situation.
Among the two, the DID Library channel had to clear out years worth of DID caps and videos and start over because of this rule.
Deleting the entire archive is easier, since it's gonna be a pain in the ass to sift through the entire archive just to clean out the "loli" ones.

I wonder if this place will start banning Penny Gadget pics anytime soon.
patrickxtrem

Re: Damsel Age Rules?

Post by patrickxtrem »

Yeah, there are rules about child endangerment these days. Even if its kids getting bound and gagged could lead into child endangerment or worse that I won't say here.

Comics and cartoons still show kids bound and gagged, but the age I would pick for here would be teen to adult.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Interesting considering Penny got in a lot of did in the cartoons and what about Daphne Blake
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

Chris wrote: March 18th, 2023, 4:02 pm Interesting considering Penny got in a lot of did in the cartoons and what about Daphne Blake
Daphne would fit, since she is a teenager. As long as it's not in the child endangerment line.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

You can post anything on here that's legal within the continental United States. Short of anything less than actual CP, I will not be banning anything. It's all fantasy drawings and media screen shots. You are free to post here.
hollowalex

Post by hollowalex »

There was, I somehow registered on the anilist site, and then these "smart people" decided to ban the word trap and you know what, I just deleted the account from this garbage dump and not because I'm a fan of traps, but because spend at least a second of your time on idiocy and fools who provide stupid rules, I thought it was not reasonable. Later, the admins of the discore admins will consider that even milfs cannot show naked areas, like a very deep cleavage :D , or even like other nonsense. In general, my advice is not to waste time on such shit sites, but look for a good alternative.
cicisaur

Post by cicisaur »

Oddly enough, the rule applies to Penny Gadget but not to Billy Batson.
GothicSimmer

Post by GothicSimmer »

I do imagine it could affect some characters because not all characters are 18+. I remember people having a similar situation in DeviantArt where drawings of underage characters who are tied up get pulled likely due to this rule, What are the restrictions around erotic and fetish content?, although I do see some underage characters who get tied up that don't get removed. I also remember manips having problems that led to many manip creators leaving the site. Also, DA no longer shows certain deviations (such as DiD drawings) without an account.

I do have to wonder how it would affect the DiD community. While I understand minors need to be protected, I don't think all DiD content isn't necessarily "18+ content". For example, Didnapper 2 has an 18+ warning on Itch.io and Steam considers it an "adult" game but the content isn't nowhere near the level of an ESRB Mature/PEGI 18 game. Also, there are some works that are aimed towards children had characters tied up such as the Pokémon anime in some episodes had characters tied up (For example, The Legend of Thunder! had Marina tied up and gagged) and an obscure Catroon Network film called Re-Animated also had a tied to the tracks scene near the end (about an hour in).
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

Huh. Looks like the days of Penny in distress are finally over. At least Atomic Betty has Future Betty.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

People! This only applies to the Discord site! Not the DID community as a whole!
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

GothicSimmer wrote: March 24th, 2023, 2:54 pm although I do see some underage characters who get tied up that don't get removed.
That's because while Deviantart is strict with what you post, they are also very strict with how they handle reports.

I could post a loli character but never mention her age.
And then anyone who tries to report it will be rejected because they cannot prove that the character is underage, despite her appearance.

That's why you see a lot of Pokemon girl DID pictures that never get moderated, because there isn't an official source for the character's age.
I would know, because I came across some stolen artwork and the only way to remove them is to have them reported for "underage" content.
Age information from a "fan wiki" wouldn't cut it, it has to be from an official source.

My own Pokemon girl submissions are full of failed reports.

Now all those other loli pics that got moderated, it's because the character's age are easier to find online.
If you really need to post loli, avoid adding the character's name in the description or tags.
You might be able to get away with it if the character is that unpopular to be recognized and searching for something as generalized as "anime girl with blue hair" won't immediately get you a full character information.

Deviantart is a huge website, with millions of artwork being posted and millions of reports coming their way.
They can't be bothered to look deeper than necessary for every single report, so you must find solid, concrete evidence for the mods that the character is underage or they won't lift a finger.

DID pictures are also ignored by the mods, if there's some "story" or "context" sometimes.
Like if you're just drawing bondage for the sake of bondage, then it's seen as some sort of deliberate erotic art.
If you are drawing with some sort of background story like a robbery, imprisonment, false arrest, kidnapping, ransom, etc. then there's a chance that your works are not seen as a "fetish art".
My Minako robbery picture got a failed report, where someone tried to report it as "underage erotica".
alternateaccount107

Post by alternateaccount107 »

Wait, really? That's ridiculous. What counts as loli? 10 and under? 12 and under? 16 and under? 18 and under?
Also they're just never going to fix their search are they? Unable to search multiple tags at once like they used to
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

I have noticed this trend and this is one reason why when I post DID fan fics on DA I either stick to heroines who are always depicted as adults or deliberately state at the start of the story, within the story itself and in the description of it that all characters are at least 18. I try to cover all bases at once, like Bugs Bunny.