Aku Daisakusen Srungle/Gorilla Force

Request artists and contributors with ideas on DiD's, situations, and scenarios.

Moderator: Suicide

DrProton

Aku Daisakusen Srungle/Gorilla Force

Post by DrProton »

Can somebody who watched this forgotten 80s mecha anime tell me if there is any DiD? There are low-quality uploads of some episodes in Italian on Youtube and the whole raw series is on Archive.org, but Archive.org's player is a hassle to scroll series with so I'm asking here first if it's worth it.
Daikinbakuju

Re: Aku Daisakusen Srungle/Gorilla Force

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Wasn't this dubbed as Macron 1?
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

Daikinbakuju wrote: June 30th, 2023, 8:13 am Wasn't this dubbed as Macron 1?
Yes, but I think it would much easier to verify the unadultered Japanese version than the butchered American version.
Mecha anime hates DiD with a passion, but sometimes hidden gems can come out.
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

Okay, I did a fast check of the series after waiting a whole afternoon to fully download it from Internet Archive and, as expected, it's an almost total disappointment DiD-wise.

Episode 16: Venus, the blonde protagonist, is captured by some alien women along with her friend who is tied up with her hands on top of her (there are no good shots of the friend, sorry) and chained like this:

Episode 32: many people hanged on a cross, some women but mostly men

Episode 35: the entire group is captured and handcuffed, including the blonde (another one, not the same one from episode 16), but the scene is brief and this is the best shot we get of her handcuffed hands before they get free.