Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars Remake

Alerts on upcoming DiD scenes in television shows and movies.

Moderator: Suicide

MakeupAndTieup

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars Remake

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

In the prologue of the original, Peach gets tied up. Assuming this game doesn't get woke'd, expect to see a treatment from Peach early on. And for you straw graspers out there, when a party member gets silenced, they have a white x over mouth in their icon. And Peach is a party member.
kirby

Re: Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars Remake

Post by kirby »

they said it suppose to be faithfull to the original
Spydarefox

Post by Spydarefox »

I'm going to get this and keep it sealed. If it's anything like the original, it'll be a wise investment.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: June 21st, 2023, 3:04 pm In the prologue of the original, Peach gets tied up. Assuming this game doesn't get woke'd, expect to see a treatment from Peach early on. And for you straw graspers out there, when a party member gets silenced, they have a white x over mouth in their icon. And Peach is a party member.
Image/Proof of that?
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

JJAPrice26 wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 11:07 pm
MakeupAndTieup wrote: June 21st, 2023, 3:04 pm In the prologue of the original, Peach gets tied up. Assuming this game doesn't get woke'd, expect to see a treatment from Peach early on. And for you straw graspers out there, when a party member gets silenced, they have a white x over mouth in their icon. And Peach is a party member.
Image/Proof of that?
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 11:38 pm
JJAPrice26 wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 11:07 pm
Image/Proof of that?
Fair enough
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

The latest overview trailer finally shows how they executed Peach being tied up in this game. They did it in a way where they can have their cake and eat it too. Peach is technically tied up, but in typical modern Japan fashion, she is in an angle where we can't see her restraints besides the part of the rope that suspends her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxAOrE6LvsA No need for a timestamp, it happens within the first 10 seconds. I would say hopefully we'll be lucky with her mute portrait, but I'm not holding my breath.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 11:11 am The latest overview trailer finally shows how they executed Peach being tied up in this game. They did it in a way where they can have their cake and eat it too. Peach is technically tied up, but in typical modern Japan fashion, she is in an angle where we can't see her restraints besides the part of the rope that suspends her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxAOrE6LvsA No need for a timestamp, it happens within the first 10 seconds. I would say hopefully we'll be lucky with her mute portrait, but I'm not holding my breath.
Here's hoping
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

JJAPrice26 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 3:47 pm
MakeupAndTieup wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 11:11 am The latest overview trailer finally shows how they executed Peach being tied up in this game. They did it in a way where they can have their cake and eat it too. Peach is technically tied up, but in typical modern Japan fashion, she is in an angle where we can't see her restraints besides the part of the rope that suspends her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxAOrE6LvsA No need for a timestamp, it happens within the first 10 seconds. I would say hopefully we'll be lucky with her mute portrait, but I'm not holding my breath.
Here's hoping
Well, I watched a stream of the game. And apparently, when a party member gets muted, they get the "..." speech bubble instead. Another masterpiece ruined by wokeness. Oh well, I still plan on getting it. I've been wanting a Super Mario RPG remake for years and the fact you could see Peach tied up or gagged was not the only reason it is one of my favorite SNES games.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I am getting it too since I never played it before
Sailornapper

Post by Sailornapper »

Need to pick my copy up.
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:35 am
Here's hoping
Well, I watched a stream of the game. And apparently, when a party member gets muted, they get the "..." speech bubble instead. Another masterpiece ruined by wokeness. Oh well, I still plan on getting it. I've been wanting a Super Mario RPG remake for years and the fact you could see Peach tied up or gagged was not the only reason it is one of my favorite SNES games.
I've seen that argument come up on here a lot lately and to be completely fair it always bugged me a little bit. A lot of times I see it come up in regards to Japanese media which rather detracts from the point. Japan and Japanese media after all are not woke. Its unlikely the western culture war exist over there be it on the street or in corporate boardroom. And Nintendo themselves are not woke. After all its the company that kept gay people out of a life simulator and then went out of their way to patch out a glitch that allowed it anyway.

And in terms of western shows it depends on where you look. Avatar for instance only got more DID friendly over the years rather than less, and the new Dragon Prince season got a pretty detailed full treatment for its female heroine.

But most of all the word itself has been used by so many actors that its pretty sus. I don't want to make any speculation about you yourself but I'd advice not giving room for misunderstanding that risks lumping you in with certain folks.
ninjatone

Post by ninjatone »

The changes seem much more likely due to cutting corners by doing less 3D rendering and animation work or character-specific graphic edits than some kind of political agenda.

(Game dev laziness can explain pretty much any problem with a game, lol.)
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

Inigo wrote: November 19th, 2023, 3:12 pm
MakeupAndTieup wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:35 am
Here's hoping
I've seen that argument come up on here a lot lately and to be completely fair it always bugged me a little bit. A lot of times I see it come up in regards to Japanese media which rather detracts from the point. Japan and Japanese media after all are not woke. Its unlikely the western culture war exist over there be it on the street or in corporate boardroom. And Nintendo themselves are not woke. After all its the company that kept gay people out of a life simulator and then went out of their way to patch out a glitch that allowed it anyway.

And in terms of western shows it depends on where you look. Avatar for instance only got more DID friendly over the years rather than less, and the new Dragon Prince season got a pretty detailed full treatment for its female heroine.

But most of all the word itself has been used by so many actors that its pretty sus. I don't want to make any speculation about you yourself but I'd advice not giving room for misunderstanding that risks lumping you in with certain folks.
I'm sorry, what?

>Japan and Japanese media after all are not woke.
Isn't more than 90% of Japan non-Christian?

>Its unlikely the western culture war exist over there be it on the street or in corporate boardroom.
I think they at least know about it. Chiaki J. Konaka does anyway.

>And Nintendo themselves are not woke.
Samus. Sheik. Lucina. Link crossdressing in both Breath of the wild and Tears of the kingdom. Zelda being less attractive in both tears of the kingdom and Super smash bros ultimate. The ability to be trans in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.

>After all its the company that kept gay people out of a life simulator and then went out of their way to patch out a glitch that allowed it anyway.
Do the words "Fire emblem engage" mean anything to you?

>Avatar for instance only got more DID friendly over the years rather than less
You mean the movie with the blue aliens, or the last Airbender? You do know Legend of Korah exists, right?

>certain folks
If by "certain folks" you mean "Christians", let me assure you that I am a Christian.
ninjatone wrote: November 19th, 2023, 6:05 pm The changes seem much more likely due to cutting corners by doing less 3D rendering and animation work or character-specific graphic edits than some kind of political agenda.

(Game dev laziness can explain pretty much any problem with a game, lol.)
That's pretty likely. Afterall, I blame CGi for not catering to my fetishes. If a 3D female lacks a good treatment, I blame CGi. If a female doesn't look like she's wearing lipstick in 3D but she does in 2D (case and point, Cindy from Jimmy Neutron), I blame CGi.
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

Given the dangers of going dangerously off topic in a DID forum this will be the last post I make of it.
>Japan and Japanese media after all are not woke.
Isn't more than 90% of Japan non-Christian?

>certain folks
If by "certain folks" you mean "Christians", let me assure you that I am a Christian.
Well I don't mean Christian. Now no one agrees about what exactly woke means but I don't think being Christian is very important on that front. After all the middle east is mostly non Christian and no one would accuse them of being woke. That and the far right which often defined anti woke started out as greatly anti Christian.
You mean the movie with the blue aliens, or the last Airbender? You do know Legend of Korah exists, right?
I do know Korra exist and that's exactly what I'm talking about. There was an amount of distress in that show the original Avatar could only dream of.
>And Nintendo themselves are not woke.
Samus. Sheik. Lucina. Link crossdressing in both Breath of the wild and Tears of the kingdom. Zelda being less attractive in both tears of the kingdom and Super smash bros ultimate. The ability to be trans in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Well first off BOTW Zelda is completely adorable and the amount of fanart she gets implies this isn't just a personal take on my part. As for Smash Zelda. I doubt any discussion on wokeness influenced the changing of TP Zelda to A Link Between World Zelda. All members of the main trio abanoned their overused TP versions and while ALBTW Zelda is indeed less hot than her TP counterpart most people would say she's cute as a button. Swapping hotness for cuteness isn't really a woke issue as far as I'm concerned.

My main point isn't just a general distrust towards the anti woke part but also that a lot of changes blamed on Wokeness can far better be placed on other matters. Zelda being a perfect example. Rather than Sakurai caving towards feminists the much more obvious explanation is that he simply used a more recent incarnation of Zelda rather than a version of her that still stemmed from the Gamecube era.