Hey...

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

JJAPrice26

Hey...

Post by JJAPrice26 »

I just got unjustly suspended from DA and won't be on it until September 5th. I even sent an appeal just in case. Please understand that I really do anything wrong!!!!!!!! Sorry for any inconveniences.
Daikinbakuju

Re: Hey...

Post by Daikinbakuju »

There should be a reason for that in your Notes.
Is it that "underage character" policy violation thing?
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: August 29th, 2023, 6:26 pm There should be a reason for that in your Notes.
Is it that "underage character" policy violation thing?
Yeah and I don't know why, but they didn't say which one! I'm doing what I can to make it right!
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

JJAPrice26 wrote: August 30th, 2023, 1:31 am Yeah and I don't know why, but they didn't say which one! I'm doing what I can to make it right!
What was your deviantart account again?
If can check to see any failed reports, then you can take it to the mods that people have tried to report your works but these works have been approved by the mods, then it shows that you haven't done anything wrong and this suspension is just a loophole to bypass individual reporting of your submissions.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: August 30th, 2023, 6:21 am
JJAPrice26 wrote: August 30th, 2023, 1:31 am Yeah and I don't know why, but they didn't say which one! I'm doing what I can to make it right!
What was your deviantart account again?
If can check to see any failed reports, then you can take it to the mods that people have tried to report your works but these works have been approved by the mods, then it shows that you haven't done anything wrong and this suspension is just a loophole to bypass individual reporting of your submissions.
NeoduelGX. My appeal got through and I made some deletions and fixes/updates to be better safe than sorry.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

What is the link to send appeals?
Also, did they specify which submissions are troublesome?
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 6:45 am What is the link to send appeals?
Also, did they specify which submissions are troublesome?
I made mine here: https://www.deviantartsupport.com/en/ar ... er-support

Why do you ask? It already got through and I got unsuspended.

But no, they did NOT specify. They refuse to tell me!
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

JJAPrice26 wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 4:28 am But no, they did NOT specify. They refuse to tell me!
Sounds like they're bypassing the rules they made themselves.
If a user thinks that a deviation is breaking the rules, they will have to report the deviation. But to do so, you will also need official information of the character to prove they are "underage" in the first place.
It's difficult for a lot of characters, because either the official information of their age isn't specified or the OC's creator can just claim that their petite-looking character is 25 years old.

Their solution is to try and forcefully suspend/ban you because they don't like you. I am not sure how they can report a profile like this while bypassing reporting individual submissions. I bet if I were to do something like this, deviantart will tell me to not bypass reporting.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 1:37 pm
JJAPrice26 wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 4:28 am But no, they did NOT specify. They refuse to tell me!
Sounds like they're bypassing the rules they made themselves.
If a user thinks that a deviation is breaking the rules, they will have to report the deviation. But to do so, you will also need official information of the character to prove they are "underage" in the first place.
It's difficult for a lot of characters, because either the official information of their age isn't specified or the OC's creator can just claim that their petite-looking character is 25 years old.

Their solution is to try and forcefully suspend/ban you because they don't like you. I am not sure how they can report a profile like this while bypassing reporting individual submissions. I bet if I were to do something like this, deviantart will tell me to not bypass reporting.
Bastards! Bunch of whiny snowflakes who can't tell the difference between fiction and reality!
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

If you have a friend or alternate account, you can try viewing your own deviation and try reporting it.
If the option for "underage sexualized" stuff is blocked, it means someone has tried reporting you for that particular violation before but failed after a moderator reviewed it.

If you found several "failed" reports, it means that someone has been trying to get you banned but failed.
It also means that a moderator/administrator has reviewed your work and considered them not violations, which you can bring up if someone has something against your submissions.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 4:38 pm If you have a friend or alternate account, you can try viewing your own deviation and try reporting it.
If the option for "underage sexualized" stuff is blocked, it means someone has tried reporting you for that particular violation before but failed after a moderator reviewed it.

If you found several "failed" reports, it means that someone has been trying to get you banned but failed.
It also means that a moderator/administrator has reviewed your work and considered them not violations, which you can bring up if someone has something against your submissions.
Maybe. I'm just gonna hope for the best.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Looking this up makes me realize that there's a lot of bots and AI involved in flagging, moderation and banning.
Like a lot of large websites, deviantart uses bots to administrate, so users left and right are getting mistakenly moderated or suspended.

So the reason they can't tell you which deviation broke the rules is because the mods themselves don't know and it's just the bot-admin fizzling over some fucked up algorithm.