Banned In Deviantart

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Daikinbakuju

Banned In Deviantart

Post by Daikinbakuju »

So it finally happened.

The bastards pulled a fast one on me.
They gave me a "1 week suspension" and even said the suspension will be lifted by the 5th of September. However, they gave me additional instructions where I must send a ticket through Help Desk or the account will be banned.

I did everything they asked, sending one ticket via the Help Desk and even sent another one through the "violations" email address, just in case.
But it seems like the "deadline" also include having the administrator check the message within the time limit or something?
So far, I haven't got a single response and even though I sent those tickets on time, my account still got banned.

I get this feeling that they never wanted to play fair with me and this is all just some admin abuse from someone who has something against me.
DrProton

Re: Banned In Deviantart

Post by DrProton »

Deviantart is going hard with the banhammer recently. They banned an user which I used to follow and manipulated pics of anime and real women, and by my understanding they banned him because of the real women pics.

What reason did they indicate for banning you?
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

DrProton wrote: September 5th, 2023, 10:46 pm What reason did they indicate for banning you?
They didn't say but as I discovered from more researching, it seems like it could be a bot-administrator fucking things up. Deviantart, being a large site uses A.I./bots to flag, which explains why a lot of users are wrongly moderated or banned left and right.

I have this feeling that everything that is happening to me now is completely automated and no human staff has looked into it yet. Tickets via Help Desk may take 7-10 days to respond.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

The staff insisted twice that the ban is final and isn't eligible for appeal.
Fuck them.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

If any of you get any 1 week suspension notification, followed by instructions to send a ticket to prevent being banned, don't get your hopes too high.
Deviantart may have already decided to ban you and you are just being fooled by a carrot and stick.

They totally lied, those bastards.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

Sorry that happened to you, Daikin. Fuck DA for doing that.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

I'm sorry to hear that. At least I survived, thankfully. My appeal worked and after a week, I survived. I just started a movement: #StoptheDAPurgeForever
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 6th, 2023, 1:14 am The staff insisted twice that the ban is final and isn't eligible for appeal.
Fuck them.
Sorry to hear that. At least you have Pixiv and other sites now, right?
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Just as I posted this, I am hearing through Discord and Twitter where other DID-themed artists are getting that "1 week suspension", with instructions to post a ticket within the suspension or face permanent ban.

Some of them still think they can save their accounts but it's probably too late for them.

Once again, carrot on stick.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 6th, 2023, 6:49 am Just as I posted this, I am hearing through Discord and Twitter where other DID-themed artists are getting that "1 week suspension", with instructions to post a ticket within the suspension or face permanent ban.

Some of them still think they can save their accounts but it's probably too late for them.

Once again, carrot on stick.
But I survived and am still on DA. My appeal succeeded.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

JJAPrice26 wrote: September 6th, 2023, 8:58 am But I survived and am still on DA. My appeal succeeded.
I don't know how that happened, honestly. Notice that you got your appeal through in about three days after you mentioned your ban?
My appeal was completely ignored for the entire suspension.
Seems like they already decided who to ban from the start.
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 6th, 2023, 9:03 am
JJAPrice26 wrote: September 6th, 2023, 8:58 am But I survived and am still on DA. My appeal succeeded.
I don't know how that happened, honestly. Notice that you got your appeal through in about three days after you mentioned your ban?
My appeal was completely ignored for the entire suspension.
Seems like they already decided who to ban from the start.
I didn't get banned. Just suspended, which was lifted on the same day due to appeal coming through. Anyways, sorry to hear that. At least you have Pixiv and other sites now, right?
Proud Nintendo Fan

Post by Proud Nintendo Fan »

I don't get what's happening. It's all over the place.

People are just so.. hateful nowadays.
Proud Nintendo Fan

Post by Proud Nintendo Fan »

I don't get what's happening.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

^Deviant Art added a "no sexual fetish" rule and DiD artists are dropping like flies/scramming. The female bondage thread on /aco/ is on alert trying to get people to do mass downloads to prevent anything from getting lost. I store pics I like on an online archive and I'm pretty picky. Mass deletions are going on already.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!