Banned In Deviantart

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

DrProton

Re: Banned In Deviantart

Post by DrProton »

Aquarionoid wrote: September 8th, 2023, 4:32 pm ^Deviant Art added a "no sexual fetish" rule and DiD artists are dropping like flies/scramming. The female bondage thread on /aco/ is on alert trying to get people to do mass downloads to prevent anything from getting lost. I store pics I like on an online archive and I'm pretty picky. Mass deletions are going on already.
The relevant part is this:

"Don’t post content which fetishizes sexual assault or other non-consensual or forcible intercourse. We understand these situations are complicated and can include personal (survivor stories), historical, or education as part of their narrative, and our staff will take such contexts into account, but we reserve the right to remove such material if we determine that it’s glorifying such situations or make them seem sensual or inviting."

From what I understand the site is likely relying on AI software that’s incapable of distinguishing a harmful fetish from a harmless one for moderation duty, so it's going on an account genocide. Man, this sucks.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Regardless of varying policies, I am sure it's unfair for anyone to be told they are banned today for settled moderations that occurred 5-10 years ago.
BroDude

Post by BroDude »

Wow so they're really pullying off a Tumblr and shutting off one of their main remaining sources of traffic eh? Can't wait to see how that ends lmao.
Sorry to hear it mate, also weird considering there's a lot of raunchier stuff in the site. It was probably some retard with bad blood against you or a shitty AI trained to detect loli stuff lmao.

Off topic but what avenues do you guys use to get your "softcore material" nowadays? I've got devart, exhentai, gelbooru, and I guess Pixiv now lol. Didn't know there were Discords for this shit lol
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

Same as you and I wouldn't use Discord if you pointed a gun to my head, way too many degenerate randos and no way for staff to do jack shit unless you have multiple 10-digit numbers.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
ira_gaines

Post by ira_gaines »

Are there any of the popular accounts that have been effected so far? What exactly is banned now, as it relates to DiD?
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Did you know that you can check if your deviation was reported before?
You just need to either ask someone to try and report your deviation or view through an alternate account.

If you try to report your deviation for the "underage" violation but the option has been blocked, it means it was reported in the past but a moderator rejected the report and approves of your submission. I realized that I have a lot of these and brought it up to the staff in my ticket.

That might have been a mistake, because it makes them realize that they have less of a leverage, which prompts them to hastily delete my stuff. You can't say I am always violating your website's rules when your own staff are have approved of my works, can you?
JJAPrice26

Post by JJAPrice26 »

Daikinbakuju wrote: September 12th, 2023, 8:27 am Did you know that you can check if your deviation was reported before?
You just need to either ask someone to try and report your deviation or view through an alternate account.

If you try to report your deviation for the "underage" violation but the option has been blocked, it means it was reported in the past but a moderator rejected the report and approves of your submission. I realized that I have a lot of these and brought it up to the staff in my ticket.

That might have been a mistake, because it makes them realize that they have less of a leverage, which prompts them to hastily delete my stuff. You can't say I am always violating your website's rules when your own staff are have approved of my works, can you?
I think what happened to you is all the fault of those stupid AI bots and religious whiners!
GothicSimmer

Post by GothicSimmer »

That sucks you got banned because you were one of the notable artists who worked on Didnapper 2 and some of the art like Aden were on the site. I hope there's still a way to contact you in case someone wants to do a project in RPG Maker similar to Didnapper 2.

It surprised me you got banned since your content is hardly NSFW compared to some of the artists I've seen.

You aren't the only one who got banned, I noticed that VoreQ, AmazinglyTantric, and DidanimatorHd (now Didanimator) got banned from DA with their deviations deleted. Kind of a shame for Didanimator since there were very good animations on there. Twitter is another option, but I feel skeptical given the direction Elon is taking (like charging monthly fees to use the site). Of course, there's still pixiv.

I feel Discord is useful in case things like this happen.
alternateaccount107

Post by alternateaccount107 »

I just noticed your account is still up. Does that mean you managed to appeal it or did they suspend you but keep the account up?
Also what is /aco/? is that a bondage themed imageboard? I remember there used to be Shanachan.
Chris

Post by Chris »

One of my friends Napoleonxvi got his page shut down through I am not if that because he hadn't posted any thing for ages.
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

Also what is /aco/? is that a bondage themed imageboard? I remember there used to be Shanachan.
https://boards.4chan.org/aco/catalog

Sadly this board has a bad rep in the female bondage threads. There's a reason I never post child only DiD scenes.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
alternateaccount107

Chris wrote: October 6th, 2023, 8:10 pm One of my friends Napoleonxvi got his page shut down through I am not if that because he hadn't posted any thing for ages.
Ah, I looked up his account and I recognize the one with I think Jasmine Fenton being plank walked. That sucks. Saucenao however was able to recognize it. Could some of these be saved on Saucenao's database? Or do they just grab from deviantart's temporary caches and eventually those will be gone?[

quote=Aquarionoid post_id=51344 time=1696738863 user_id=1109]
https://boards.4chan.org/aco/catalog

Sadly this board has a bad rep in the female bondage threads. There's a reason I never post child only DiD scenes.
[/quote]

Huh, I thought from the description this was limited to western animation topics. Interesting resource but it seems 80% of pics have nudity while I prefer clothed.
GothicSimmer

Post by GothicSimmer »

alternateaccount107 wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:58 am I just noticed your account is still up. Does that mean you managed to appeal it or did they suspend you but keep the account up?
Not sure what account you're referring to. I tested Daikinbakuju's page and DA said "Deactivated Account". My account is still up (haven't gotten any removals or bans). Some DA creators who do post NSFW content like MadPuck and win4699 are still on DeviantArt.
alternateaccount107 wrote: October 8th, 2023, 5:54 pm Huh, I thought from the description this was limited to western animation topics. Interesting resource but it seems 80% of pics have nudity while I prefer clothed.
Same. I do like DiD/GiD, cocooning, quicksand, and glue stuck, but I only like characters who are clothed.
alternateaccount107

GothicSimmer wrote: October 9th, 2023, 10:17 am
alternateaccount107 wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:58 am I just noticed your account is still up. Does that mean you managed to appeal it or did they suspend you but keep the account up?
Not sure what account you're referring to. I tested Daikinbakuju's page and DA said "Deactivated Account". My account is still up (haven't gotten any removals or bans). Some DA creators who do post NSFW content like MadPuck and win4699 are still on DeviantArt.
alternateaccount107 wrote: October 8th, 2023, 5:54 pm Huh, I thought from the description this was limited to western animation topics. Interesting resource but it seems 80% of pics have nudity while I prefer clothed.
Same. I do like DiD/GiD, cocooning, quicksand, and glue stuck, but I only like characters who are clothed.
My bad, I was referring to Daikin. Did you have an account that was suspended? Do you have somewhere else where your work is? I wish there was someplace that archived DA like the various sites that IQDB uses do for anime fanart.

Edit: Ok weird, now it seems it's deactivated. When I posted the other day it looked like it was up with his usual profile pic and gallery and everything.
GothicSimmer

Post by GothicSimmer »

alternateaccount107 wrote: October 9th, 2023, 9:23 pm
GothicSimmer wrote: October 9th, 2023, 10:17 am
My bad, I was referring to Daikin. Did you have an account that was suspended? Do you have somewhere else where your work is? I wish there was someplace that archived DA like the various sites that IQDB uses do for anime fanart.

Edit: Ok weird, now it seems it's deactivated. When I posted the other day it looked like it was up with his usual profile pic and gallery and everything.
Not sure if it's posted here, but Daikinbakuju does have a pixiv where the content can be found including some Didnapper 2 drawings: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/3082319