Birds of Prey Issue 4

Scans from comic books and novels and illustrations.

Moderator: Suicide

Jaozza

Birds of Prey Issue 4

Post by Jaozza »

The latest issue had more. There are several more amazon KO's and after getting taken out by wonder woman most of the birds are imprisoned with glowing shackles and Canary, being Canary gets a muzzle.
https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Birds- ... dType=0#17
Zorro

Re: Birds of Prey Issue 4

Post by Zorro »

I saw this! Pretty good scene. Dinah can still talk with the muzzle on, but it looks great. For the record, two out of four issues have had DID scenes. I knew Kelly Thompson on Birds Of Prey would produce some scenes!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

That didn't take long!
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

Zorro wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:04 am Dinah can still talk with the muzzle on
It looks like not even females with voice powers are immune to wokeness. I guess DID is officially dead.
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

Ugh, I was worried I was on 4chan or Reddit for a minute. Anyways...

Fun little scene. This is the third DID scene Thompson has given in a few months, so it's safe to say we can count on her to deliver!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:25 pm It looks like not even females with voice powers are immune to wokeness. I guess DID is officially dead.
Your selective memory is fascinating. XD
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

Suicide wrote: December 6th, 2023, 6:45 pm
MakeupAndTieup wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:25 pm It looks like not even females with voice powers are immune to wokeness. I guess DID is officially dead.
I already know you guys don't like me. The muteations discord made that clear. Whether it's because I'm a Christian who's against homosexuality, or because I want the fetish community to go back to the days where no one had to pay for pictures of characters bound or gagged, or whatever reason, You might as well kick me out or deactivate my account. I shouldn't be here anyway.
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

Dude, by the most literal interpretation of your holy book, by posting on your forum you'd be sinning all the time.

Jokes aside, yeah, the fact that she still can speak clearly despite wearing a tight muffle as to PREVENT HER FROM SCREAMING makes zero fucking sense and ruins the scene for me.
BrokenBolt

Post by BrokenBolt »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: December 6th, 2023, 8:36 pm
Suicide wrote: December 6th, 2023, 6:45 pm
I already know you guys don't like me. The muteations discord made that clear. Whether it's because I'm a Christian who's against homosexuality, or because I want the fetish community to go back to the days where no one had to pay for pictures of characters bound or gagged, or whatever reason, You might as well kick me out or deactivate my account. I shouldn't be here anyway.
Zatanna and Black Canary have received multiple gag scenes and full treatments within the last few years alone. DiD will never die, characters being captured and defeated is too common for the opportunity for DiD to ever be removed from media. Whether you like the damsels on an individual basis is its own thing, but also keep in mind that although this is called "Western Civilization," there's an abundance of media on the other side of the globe that are producing regular DiD content in their stories too. That might appeal to you more if you're not liking much of the modern DiD in western media.
BrokenBolt

Post by BrokenBolt »

DrProton wrote: December 6th, 2023, 9:13 pm Dude, by the most literal interpretation of your holy book, by posting on your forum you'd be sinning all the time.

Jokes aside, yeah, the fact that she still can speak clearly despite wearing a tight muffle as to PREVENT HER FROM SCREAMING makes zero fucking sense and ruins the scene for me.
I've personally chosen to interpret it as just translated gagtalk for the reader's convenience and everyone else is able to discern what she's saying. Considering the two she actually spoke with are Barda, whose husband is an escape artist, and Cassandra Cain, who barely talks and communicates with others anyway, it's honestly more amusing to imagine she's gagged and everyone just knows what she's saying anyway.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: December 6th, 2023, 8:36 pm I already know you guys don't like me. The muteations discord made that clear. Whether it's because I'm a Christian who's against homosexuality, or because I want the fetish community to go back to the days where no one had to pay for pictures of characters bound or gagged, or whatever reason, You might as well kick me out or deactivate my account. I shouldn't be here anyway.
Dude, I don't know you at all, let alone 'not like' you. I just don't understand why you insist on only posting these kinds of negative outlooks when we've had a bunch of scenes posted just this week. Whatever your personal beliefs, that doesn't bother me. What does, is that you only seem to reply to scenes you have a problem with. You never seem to enjoy anything despite some very classic new scenes being posted. Then label everything as being inferior or broken or overly PC.

If there's nothing you really have enjoyed that's fine. I can't make you like things or post about them. I just ask that maybe you give it some thought to enjoy some of the things around here rather than just be negative. Otherwise I don't see the point. I'm not kicking you out. You can have whatever opinion you want on this board. But if all you do is say negative things you can only expect negativity in return.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

BrokenBolt wrote: December 6th, 2023, 11:22 pmI've personally chosen to interpret it as just translated gagtalk for the reader's convenience and everyone else is able to discern what she's saying. Considering the two she actually spoke with are Barda, whose husband is an escape artist, and Cassandra Cain, who barely talks and communicates with others anyway, it's honestly more amusing to imagine she's gagged and everyone just knows what she's saying anyway.
It's weird because I don't think they specify AT ALL what's going on with it. I think in the script we can assume it's some sort of magic gag that allows talking but blocks her powers. But there's no explanation on panel of that. The fact the lettering matches the glow on her bonds suggests to me that it's translating somehow. Really odd. I'd be interested to read the script to see if it's explained there.
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

In the comic Wonder Woman mentions "power dampeners" after she knocks out Big Barda, so I imagine Dinah's gag is one of those. It seems to lower her voice to a whisper, at least that is how I interpret the lettering.

Rather than assume the worst, my conclusion was, "Maybe Thompson wants to provide some plausible deniability that she is into this stuff." I mean, if we noticed, Internet trolls with ill intent might. ;)