Bakugan 2023 Ep 14

DiD in cartoon shows/ animated movies anime etc.

Moderator: Suicide

yetie

Bakugan 2023 Ep 14

Post by yetie »

Bakugan got his second spin-off, icarly got a reboot, zoey 101 got a reboot movie and rugrats also got a reboot.
Its so unfair that Danny phantom one of the few good old shows got only a graphic novel, but i digress.
In this new cartoon the team get there hands cuffed behind there back by the police.
of the 2 girls on the team only 1 of them is shown(the bounds are not shown eather)
DrProton

Re: Bakugan 2023 Ep 14

Post by DrProton »

Very disappointing, it's very short, no shot of their handcuffed hunds (I could have forgiven the short length for that alone) and they look like they have their hands in the pockets of their jerseys rather than being handcuffed...
I guess this is the only treatment in the series, right?
MakeupAndTieup

Post by MakeupAndTieup »

And they say DID is not dead.
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

MakeupAndTieup wrote: January 19th, 2024, 10:21 pm And they say DID is not dead.
Dude, merchandise-driven anime like these are notoriously a DiD death bed. Taking them as a sample of why DiD is dead when we had our fair share of execllent scenes last year is a bit biased.
GothicSimmer

Post by GothicSimmer »

I think the reason why people say say DiD is dying could be due to modern works using it less often which I could suspect could be due to modern works pushing in action girls. Even Mario seems to be moving away from DiD as seen with the Super Mario Bros. Movie and Super Mario Bros. Wonder where Princess Peach who usually has been the damsel in most main games she appears in isn't even the damsel with Movie, based on what I've heard, having Luigi being the damsel instead while Wonder makes her a playable character.
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

GothicSimmer wrote: February 8th, 2024, 5:16 pm I think the reason why people say say DiD is dying could be due to modern works using it less often which I could suspect could be due to modern works pushing in action girls. Even Mario seems to be moving away from DiD as seen with the Super Mario Bros. Movie and Super Mario Bros. Wonder where Princess Peach who usually has been the damsel in most main games she appears in isn't even the damsel with Movie, based on what I've heard, having Luigi being the damsel instead while Wonder makes her a playable character.
For the movie I think Peach in her traditional role largely wouldn't have worked since the audience nor Mario would have much of an attachment for her if she spend the entire movie in Bowsers castle as per usual. With Luigi the movie at least had an introduction and a reason for Mario to care.

Less is relative. Even now if there's any captive in a group its still pretty much always the girl. We're fine.
DrProton

Post by DrProton »

I'd also like to add to Inigo's excellent comment that action girl and DiD aren't mutually exclusive. Like, at all. Hell, IMHO it's even better when the action girl gets bound and gagged.
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

GothicSimmer wrote: February 8th, 2024, 5:16 pm I think the reason why people say say DiD is dying could be due to modern works using it less often which I could suspect could be due to modern works pushing in action girls. Even Mario seems to be moving away from DiD as seen with the Super Mario Bros. Movie and Super Mario Bros. Wonder where Princess Peach who usually has been the damsel in most main games she appears in isn't even the damsel with Movie, based on what I've heard, having Luigi being the damsel instead while Wonder makes her a playable character.
It's as if the people who write the scripts for the movies and television have caught on to our "interests" and decided to tease us by not writing in DiD scenes that often.