New Disney's Hercules Comic

Alerts on upcoming DiD scenes in television shows and movies.

Moderator: Suicide

Jaozza

New Disney's Hercules Comic

Post by Jaozza »

So they just started a new comic based on Disney's Hercules, essentially as a sequel to the movie. First issue is him and Meg taking on a quest from Aphrodite based on the story of Pygmalion and Galatea. No treatments, but the story ends with Eros reporting that Aphrodite has been kidnapped. Plus Meg is around and seems to still carry her role as the resident damsel in distress.

Stay tuned for potential I guess and here's the link if you want to check it out.
https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Hercul ... ?id=228655
Agemochi

Re: New Disney's Hercules Comic

Post by Agemochi »

Funnily enough another Galatea was in the Hercules animated series. In the episode 'Hercules and the Dream Date', Aphrodite creates Hercules his own Galatea, who ends up bound and gagged by magical pots also brought to life by Aphrodite
Inigo

Post by Inigo »

That's pretty exiting.
Jaozza

Post by Jaozza »

Inigo wrote: April 13th, 2024, 10:26 pm That's pretty exiting.
Honestly I find myself far more invested than I thought I'd be. Disney's Hercules didn't age well for me, just because I found it pretty boring looking back, but this comic seems to finally be taking the story down some deeper paths. Exploring some of the actual themes of Greek mythology and some more complex relationships between Hercules and Zeus/the other gods.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Been loving these Disney dynamite so far and Hercules is one of my fave films