US just banned TikTok

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Aquarionoid

US just banned TikTok

Post by Aquarionoid »

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c87zp82247yo

President Biden just decided he doesn't need Gen Z votes and signed a bill that would ban apps like TikTok in the United States unless the US division is ran by an American company. I know a bunch of independents will turn from Trump if he gets convicted from the hush money fraud trial, but I think the democrats just one upped that. Hard. You don't fuck with people's entertainment when running for office.
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
Inigo

Re: US just banned TikTok

Post by Inigo »

I don't give a hoot about Tiktop but given the alternative to Biden has proudly boasted about how he's going to betray Europe to the Kremlin that is rather concerning.
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

Good. Can he ban Twitter next?
Aquarionoid

Post by Aquarionoid »

Twitter next?
Reddit is a worse cesspool that might as well rename itself to "Morally Anointed Shamers and Harassment Campagins". Elon is at least funny,
Fuck yeah, Gundam SEED is coming back!
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

If I had a political agenda regarding social media regulation, it'd be doing something about all the psychotic Nazis who are now flooding Twitter ever since that dipshit Musk bought it, but what do I know.