Injustice: DC's Announced Fighting Game

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

ARNie

Injustice: DC's Announced Fighting Game

Post by ARNie »

Being developed by Netherealm, the ones who made last year's Mortal Kombat.
The good news is it won't be a sequel to DC vs. MK. Safe to say we'll know more during next week's E3.

First teaser:
http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods- ... rstLookAtT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Re: Injustice: DC's Announced Fighting Game

Post by Suicide »

I am intrigued. But it may just be the excitement over a DC Fighter all over again. I was hyped when I saw DC vs MK but after the idea sunk in it became quite clear why it wouldn't (and didn't) work.

Though I do believe that's Grundy in the background. That's pretty sweet.

The idea of associating them with Gods is a neat idea to put them all on the same power level and make the fights believable. I don't think Supes vs. Harley could be taken seriously. But if she as the power of Thalia or something it makes a little more sense.
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

F--- this shit. They're using the god awful 52 version of Harley, it seems. I'm all for character redesigns, but she's the one character that they just can't understand the appeal of. All the other versions of the DC heroes are still recognizable to their original counterparts, but she's just not even the same concept. Just, ugh. I will never get past that.
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

Seems they're going for a new 52 feel with the looks but not copying them exact. Never been a fan of WW with leggings either just ain't "right" =/

Theres an early trailer out already for this with Batman smashing Grundy through a building lol. Fighting looks to have that classic 3D MK clunkiness though.
erikson

Post by erikson »

don't really care for the costume changes, I wish they'd just gone for the straight New52 designs myself, but anyway...haven't played a video game in 20 years so I guess it doesn't matter for me XD
Dr Henry Killinger

Post by Dr Henry Killinger »

not much into comics but is this suppose to be based on the injustice syndicate/justice lords or something? and it almost looked like they were using Rocksteady's version of Grundy... but then i saw the blades on his back XD
I am Dr. Henry Killinger, and this is my Magic Murder Bag