Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Officially Canceled

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

ARNie

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Officially Canceled

Post by ARNie »

Well it seems that the long running rumor for Avengers Earth’s Mightiest heroes cancellation, is a rumor no more! The cancellation has been confirmed by Marvel latest official Press(Print only):

”The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” won’t be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” in 2013.”

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/06/ ... -assemble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Re: Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Officially Canceled

Post by Suicide »

NNNNNFFFFFFFFFFFF-
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Well, this just plain sucks...
Proud Nintendo Fan

Post by Proud Nintendo Fan »

Damn you Jeph Loeb.
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

Beyond any normal stupidity this highlights, they're cancelling a show that has high ratings, good reviews and ties into one of the biggest blockbuster movie releases in history.

Good job there, Loeb.
Flyingfoxman

Post by Flyingfoxman »

:( awww

Why can't we have nice things...
Jazzypants

Post by Jazzypants »

Taking all bets for the next series being shitty. Place your bets, guys.

And fuck Jeph Loeb. Fuck him right in the ear.
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

Look, I never seen A:EMH, but with Disney XD recently removing other Marvel cartoons like 90's Spider-Man and X-Men Evo from the channel, but maybe a better Avengers cartoon might make sense. Remember the Power Rangers Avengers from Fox Kids and how badly it was? I like to see a X-Men cartoon on Nick than Disney.
Proud Nintendo Fan

Post by Proud Nintendo Fan »

There's also this extreme dick move by apparently Jeph Loeb and Joe Quesada.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthre ... imate-Bell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Proud Nintendo Fan wrote:There's also this extreme dick move by apparently Jeph Loeb and Joe Quesada.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthre ... imate-Bell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Lucas would be so proud.
Flyingfoxman

Post by Flyingfoxman »

It's so cold and mercenary I'm almost impressed. Okay, not almost, am. *ducks chair*

But what happens to a performer when their work gets overwritten like that? I can't help but feel sympathy.
Mr. Darkly

Post by Mr. Darkly »

Goddamn you Marvel, Disney, Loeb, Quesada, and whoever the fuck had a hand in this; I'll laugh like a madman when your new series crashes and burns in your face. Goddamn you all.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Mr. Darkly wrote:Goddamn you Marvel, Disney, Loeb, Quesada, and whoever the fuck had a hand in this; I'll laugh like a madman when your new series crashes and burns in your face. Goddamn you all.
It's mostly Marvel and Loeb to blame, considering the company made him head of television and that all creative decisions come from him; Disney only airs the show and, from what I can tell, has no creative input.
Mr. Darkly

Post by Mr. Darkly »

rider28031 wrote:
Mr. Darkly wrote:Goddamn you Marvel, Disney, Loeb, Quesada, and whoever the fuck had a hand in this; I'll laugh like a madman when your new series crashes and burns in your face. Goddamn you all.
It's mostly Marvel and Loeb to blame, considering the company made him head of television and that all creative decisions come from him; Disney only airs the show and, from what I can tell, has no creative input.

Figured as much, but I wasn't sure what extent of influence Disney had (if any). Marvel can kiss my ass in the animation department, I'll stick with DC cartoons.
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

Suichiro wrote:Beyond any normal stupidity this highlights, they're cancelling a show that has high ratings, good reviews and ties into one of the biggest blockbuster movie releases in history.

Good job there, Loeb.
From what I understand, it didn't have good ratings. That was part of the problem. Even before season 2 began there were execs like Loeb saying they were hoping ratings for this season would improve in the wake of the Avengers movie.

Probably because nobody actually watches Disney XD, but still.