TMNT 2012 Series Official Trailer

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

rider28031

TMNT 2012 Series Official Trailer

Post by rider28031 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu8gXMOrDFk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any thoughts?
Rob Masamune

Re: TMNT 2012 Series Official Trailer

Post by Rob Masamune »

It looks good, I'll give it a chance.
Dr Henry Killinger

Post by Dr Henry Killinger »

looks like a shitty early 90's PC game like worse than Indie cuz at least they try... naw dood this looks more like some kid barely learning 3D animation from some career collage... not to be dising anyone who might be going to one... I just feel they could animated better even with a low budget
I am Dr. Henry Killinger, and this is my Magic Murder Bag
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Dr Henry Killinger wrote:looks like a shitty early 90's PC game like worse than Indie cuz at least they try... naw dood this looks more like some kid barely learning 3D animation from some career collage... not to be dising anyone who might be going to one... I just feel they could animated better even with a low budget
I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this, though not as bad as Killinger said but it does look like a computer game from the late '90s; sorta reminds me of Grim Fandango. I am interested in this but I'm not sure what to think of it style-wise.
Last edited by rider28031 on June 24th, 2012, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

Sometimes this board makes me think that people don't understand the first thing about actual art. :<
Nezz

Post by Nezz »

You stand alone as the true sole visionary.
My children called me "Daddy". My wife called me "Milien". Now the world will learn to call me... NOX...
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

Suichiro wrote:Sometimes this board makes me think that people don't understand the first thing about actual art. :<
Considering it's a fairly subjective concept, it's pointless to even try and define it in terms that aren't nebulous by nature.
All I'm sayin' is: Give war a chance.
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

Liking or disliking the art style is entirely based upon opinion, but this:
this looks more like some kid barely learning 3D animation from some career collage
is not subjective. I mean, yeah, you might not like it, but it's certainly not low quality bullshit. I mean, for fuck's sake. This board is filled with artists. The least you can do is to think about how hard pulling shit off like this actually is.
scarface

Post by scarface »

I like the trailer. I always thought that the funnier turtles are better than the darker ones. I hope we get some DID stuff from this show.
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

It looks more violent like the actual comics or the more recent show, but also looks like they're trying to get in some of the nostalgia and humor from the 90's show too. I'm interested to see if they can balance those elements well.