Spider-Man Gets Sidekick For 50th Anniversary

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

erikson

Spider-Man Gets Sidekick For 50th Anniversary

Post by erikson »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=39400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To the Spider-cave Rob...er Alpha! :lol:

If I need any more justification for disliking Dan Slott's run on ASM, I hope he brings back the Spider-mobile next...

Funny thing is, there are parts of his run that I like (the Carlie MJ stuff for example) so I wonder how much of the crap is him, and how much of it is Marvel shoving "the next big thing" into their books every other month. AvsX isn't done yet and they are already giving sneak previews of their next mega event to start In October. Good time to be a DC fan...
disguiseartist1

Re: Spider-Man Gets Sidekick For 50th Anniversary

Post by disguiseartist1 »

I was fine with the change-over in Ultimate Spider-Man (one of my favorite books every month) but this rubs me the wrong way. Wasn't the entire rationale for getting rid of Mary Jane some bullshit about how she made Peter seem too old for their target demographic? How does giving him a teen sidekick not do that?
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Good time to be a DC fan...
Is it?? I find my headaches increasing with the absurdity coming form DC. XD
Basically through the big 2 companies I'm just trying to find entertaining stories but more often than not the ones that interest me get pulled into some event and scrambled from their original direction. The New 52 had a few books I enjoyed but that's declining quickly. I think the only ones I look forward to is Wonder Woman and World's Finest and it's only 2 issues in.
erikson

Post by erikson »

Suicide wrote:
I'm buying almost everything from the 52...and enjoying the majority of it XD go figure
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

erikson wrote:
Suicide wrote:
I'm buying almost everything from the 52...and enjoying the majority of it XD go figure
Yep, I'm pretty much on the DC wagon, with Scott Snyder's Batman being the best of the bunch in my opinion. This little revelation killed my interest in the Spidey comics. I still like the character but this is just too silly.
Bill K.

Post by Bill K. »

You know, I have my Spider-Man Omnibus. I don't even care anymore.
Catwoman: Think you can handle me?
Batman: I've got handcuffs.
Catwoman: Ooh.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I dislike the idea as well and Stan idea was the teenage was the hero
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

As dumb as this is it's nothing new for the Spider. It's only about the 4th stupidest thing over all.
Clone Saga. One more Day. Spiderman: The Other. The (and I'm serious) illegitimate children of Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborne. Poor Spidey is just cursed to have the worst.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Suicide wrote:As dumb as this is it's nothing new for the Spider. It's only about the 4th stupidest thing over all.
Clone Saga. One more Day. Spiderman: The Other. The (and I'm serious) illegitimate children of Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborne. Poor Spidey is just cursed to have the worst.
Back up: Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn had kids? This is news to me. I know about everything else but I never heard of that.
Guardian

Post by Guardian »

disguiseartist1 wrote:Wasn't the entire rationale for getting rid of Mary Jane some bullshit about how she made Peter seem too old for their target demographic? How does giving him a teen sidekick not do that?
No....it was because the writers for him at that time HATED MJ; they felt, "she wasn't good enough for him". The new writers have slowly begun to undo the crap that was One More Day....finally....