Megaman & Sonic meet for the first time

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Mr. Darkly

Megaman & Sonic meet for the first time

Post by Mr. Darkly »

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/07/10/ ... announced/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dunno about most of ya, but my inner kid is squealing.
cresent34

Re: Megaman & Sonic meet for the first time

Post by cresent34 »

Didn't know Archie Comics were handling the Megaman property.. :|
Good Night and Good Luck..

---Edward R. Murrow, See It Now, CBS
---Keith Olbermann, Olbermann, ESPN2
Mr. Darkly

Post by Mr. Darkly »

They have, and they have handled it thus far very well. Whatever bad taste the Archie comics left you (with the Sonic series) with, I recommend reading the more recent ones. The original writer, Ken Penders (imbecile responsible for the lame humor, furry drama bullshit, etc), has long since left the company and the current writer, Ian Flynn, has done amazing things with both series. It's all in good hands now.
ARNie

Post by ARNie »

Guess this explains why Capcom's been distancing themselves from Mega Man, canning the last remnant of a Mega Man game years back and not even including Mega in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 except as a different outfit for Zero.

I used to be such a loyal Capcom fan, can't believe how much faith I've lost in the company in the last few years.

Their questionable dlc practices haven't helped much either.
angry123

Post by angry123 »

As far as I know, the Sonic and Megaman comics are roughly handled by the same team and writer now, so they probably though why the hell not.
I've read the Megaman comics, so I can attest that they're rather decent, and I've heard that the Sonic one used to be really bad until the new writer came in and cleaned everything up, and now it's actually worth reading.

And I guess it's the best they can do for Megaman. The best they can do after that ditch that Capcom apparently buried him.
I wouldn't believe it either, really.
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

The Dr. Wily/Dr. Robotnik interaction could be damn funny.
All I'm sayin' is: Give war a chance.
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

ARNie wrote:Guess this explains why Capcom's been distancing themselves from Mega Man, canning the last remnant of a Mega Man game years back and not even including Mega in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 except as a different outfit for Zero.
You forgot "Mega Man's" amazing fighting game return in SF x Tekken!

...... yeah ..... >_>